Which practice MCAT tests should I use?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VBGLL

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to do AAMC, and i will take one of those before the real thing, but they are $35 each and will get pricey. So I'll only get 1 of those.

I've seen some packages of practice tests listed at $150 for 10, but it is not AAMC.. which of the other tests are most accurate?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I want to do AAMC, and i will take one of those before the real thing, but they are $35 each and will get pricey. So I'll only get 1 of those.

I've seen some packages of practice tests listed at $150 for 10, but it is not AAMC.. which of the other tests are most accurate?

Thanks

You get 1 AAMC for free and one Gold standard for free (the $150 for 10 is actually $150 for 9, since they give you the same one that you can have for free).

AAMC is worth the extra money.

I would definitely get the AAMC ones. I started off doing the Kaplan ones because they came with my class, but soon found they are ridiculously inflated and were giving me a false sense of hope. I'm not sure if this is true of all other test sources, but AAMC is for sure the real deal and will give you the best indication of what you are capable of.

I would definitely get the AAMC ones. I started off doing the Kaplan ones because they came with my class, but soon found they are ridiculously inflated and were giving me a false sense of hope. I'm not sure if this is true of all other test sources, but AAMC is for sure the real deal and will give you the best indication of what you are capable of.

+1. Kaplan's tests also seemed considerably harder than the real thing. You absolutely cannot go wrong with using the AAMCs.