1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Program Would You Choose???

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by SuperPreMed, May 8, 2008.

1. SuperPreMed

Pre-Medical
    I have gotten into several PB programs and I am having trouble deciding on which one to attend. I was wondering and hoping people could tell me which program they would choose and why.

These are the programs:
    1. LECOM's PB - granted an interview at LECOM if maintain 3.0gpa during first semester.

2. Duquesne University's PB - has a linkage agreement with LECOM if maintain a 3.2gpa during first semester.

3. Chatham University One year M.S in Biology - no linkage agreement, but small program and get masters in one year.

I am still waiting to hear from Loyola. If accepted, I may also go there.

Thx!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrChuck24

DrChuck24 ~Keeping Faith~
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i do not know too much about those programs..but i would eliminate that program that has no linkage agreement easily...so that knocks one out the way...LECOM seems like a good school..and if you get into the Loyola program..you have another good option...

i say you check old threads to see what the people thought about the advisors/teachers, the area, the curriculum, linkages available (which you know)...and take it from there...

what your stats that made u decide to do a post-bac program???

4. SuperPreMed

Pre-Medical
    i just graduated with a BA in physical anthropology, chemistry minor. I took all my prereqs but had a low science gpa.

My MCAT was 9/8/9/M. I was pretty disappointed with my score since I was scoring higher in my prax tests. I am planning on retaking in July.

I didn't feel ready or competitive to apply to medical schools. I think that I need a post-bacc to raise my science gpa and show schools that I'm ready for med school.