Which Program Would You Choose???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SuperPreMed

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have gotten into several PB programs and I am having trouble deciding on which one to attend. I was wondering and hoping people could tell me which program they would choose and why.

These are the programs:
1. LECOM's PB - granted an interview at LECOM if maintain 3.0gpa during first semester.

2. Duquesne University's PB - has a linkage agreement with LECOM if maintain a 3.2gpa during first semester.

3. Chatham University One year M.S in Biology - no linkage agreement, but small program and get masters in one year.


I am still waiting to hear from Loyola. If accepted, I may also go there.

Thx!
 
i do not know too much about those programs..but i would eliminate that program that has no linkage agreement easily...so that knocks one out the way...LECOM seems like a good school..and if you get into the Loyola program..you have another good option...

i say you check old threads to see what the people thought about the advisors/teachers, the area, the curriculum, linkages available (which you know)...and take it from there...

what your stats that made u decide to do a post-bac program???
 
i just graduated with a BA in physical anthropology, chemistry minor. I took all my prereqs but had a low science gpa.

My MCAT was 9/8/9/M. I was pretty disappointed with my score since I was scoring higher in my prax tests. I am planning on retaking in July.

I didn't feel ready or competitive to apply to medical schools. I think that I need a post-bacc to raise my science gpa and show schools that I'm ready for med school.