Which retail/chain pharmacy has shorter work days (ie. 8 hours, 10 hours)?

Started by WhYMee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WhYMee

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys like the title says. Which chains (pharmacy, supermarket, department stores) have shorter work days? Not everyone wants to work 12 hour and 14 hour shifts, so I'm sure there must be someone that accomodates them.

Some of the busy CVS with overlap do (used to work at one), walgreens does. Anyone else?

Thanks
 
Hey guys like the title says. Which chains (pharmacy, supermarket, department stores) have shorter work days? Not everyone wants to work 12 hour and 14 hour shifts, so I'm sure there must be someone that accomodates them.

Some of the busy CVS with overlap do (used to work at one), walgreens does. Anyone else?

Thanks

I know thru my IPPE experience, Walgreens gives 8 hour shifts with some overlap. I love Walgreen's computer system. For some reason there was no problems the whole day compared to Walmart where every min. there is some sort of problem going on. I still really don't get why there is such a difference.
 
There is no way to answer this question. Each chain will be different based on the region and state. Chain Super Markets will vary depending on the state and which division.

To make a broad generalization it appears the 2 pharmacist labor model is becoming the standard. Pharmacy hours 9-9 Monday through Friday, 9-7 Saturday and 10-4 Sunday. The pharmacy is open 76 hours which can be covered by 2 full time pharmacists allowing only 4 hours of overlap a week. Each pharmacist works one 12 hour shift per week and every other weekend. It is the ****tiest schedule I have ever worked. Walgreens is going to this and so are the chain Super Markets. CVS appears to be the outlier because they force there pharmacists to work 14 hour shifts. Why anyone would do this I will never know.
 
There is no way to answer this question. Each chain will be different based on the region and state. Chain Super Markets will vary depending on the state and which division.

To make a broad generalization it appears the 2 pharmacist labor model is becoming the standard. Pharmacy hours 9-9 Monday through Friday, 9-7 Saturday and 10-4 Sunday. The pharmacy is open 76 hours which can be covered by 2 full time pharmacists allowing only 4 hours of overlap a week. Each pharmacist works one 12 hour shift per week and every other weekend. It is the ****tiest schedule I have ever worked. Walgreens is going to this and so are the chain Super Markets. CVS appears to be the outlier because they force there pharmacists to work 14 hour shifts. Why anyone would do this I will never know.


I know Rite Aid follows this strategy as well. Personally, I rather do 3 days of 12-14 hrs than 5 days of 8 hrs.

I cant stand more than 3 days/wk of retail hell!! Once I am in it, I can bang for the day because there are little breaks usually around the madness and the beginning and end of the day are USUALLY not that bad...:xf:

I hate retail....😡