which school to choose?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoctor201

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleting. Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I am currently attending a community college and now ready to transfer to a university in my state. My problem is I cant decide which one to choose. The first one is only 10 minutes from where I live where I was going to double major in Philosophy and Biochemistry. The other liberal arts university is about 6 hours away but does not offer Philosophy, so I would be a Biology major with a music minor. Now, I love Philosophy as a subject and wish I could study it at this other college- but this college that does not offer Philosophy has a cadaver lab. Is the cadaver lab worth giving up on Philosophy?
Are you asking based on what will look better for med schools? If so, it doesn't matter at all, going to a school with a cadaver lab won't make one bit of difference to your med school admission vs going to a school without one, just as majoring in philosophy vs biology won't matter at all. This means, it depends entirely on what you would rather do, and where you believe you would be most successful at maintaining a high GPA. Personal preference is the only thing that should guide your school/major choice (with an eye to performance, of course). Med schools really don't care at all. Pick which one you like better.

Thanks. Not really what would look better to medical schools but if the cadaver lab would better prepare for medical school?

Go to the school where you think you'll be happier.