Which School Would You Choose?!?!

Started by ktocles
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ktocles

UTCVM c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I just found out that I've been accepted to LSU, Tufts, and UTK. I have so many pros and cons for each school...I can't decide which one to accept! Do you have any suggestions or thoughts on the schools as other current or prospective students?!
 
Last edited:
Huh? UTK just started interviews today and we do NOT give instant acceptances. There is no way you currently have an acceptance to UTK. After ALL interviews are completed, they are scored in some way that accounts for if a particular interview team or day of the week or moon phase (ok, kidding on that one) demonstrated a typical score that is not in the normal distribution.

But if you do receive an acceptance at UTK, you'll get a great education in a teaching-oriented (as opposed to research-oriented) program. All of those schools are great, so go to the one that costs you the least.
 
Man, I'll tell you....no offense OP I know you are looking for advice, but these "where should I gooooo" threads are TOTALLY useless. Of course everyone is going to push their own school. Everyone is gonna say theirs is the best. *You* have to make the decision based on where you want to live, what you want to do, how much you want to pay, any special interests, etc.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well since my own school wasn't on the list, I'll push LSU. I mean they have a tiger named Mike, and the football atmosphere is incredible. PLUS tailgating is huge, so free food every Saturday regardless of whether you know which end of the rink gets you a home run.

Oh and uh, the vet school is probably real nice too, but I know nothing about it.