Which schools accept unofficial DAT scores? HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbudz

Reaction score
Hello,

I want to preface this by saying I know dental schools CANNOT make official admissions decisions without my official DAT scores. Some schools WILL begin reviewing your application with your unofficial scores. I understand that some people can just lie on their unofficial score report (Why would you? They'll find out sooner or later). I'm trying to figure out which schools begin review with the unofficial report.

Schools that have explicitly stated to NOT send unofficial scores:
Columbia, Buffalo, UPenn, Maryland, Western, UCLA

Schools that accept unofficial scores to begin review:
UConn, Harvard, UPitt, Stony, Tufts

Schools that I'm unsure of:
Creighton, LECOM, Nova, Temple, Touro, UNLV, ASDOH, MSDOH

If you are aware of any others, please add them here so people can refer back to this thread! All I see on SDN are posts from 2011-2015 regarding this and the information has changed.

Thank you in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Creighton requires official DAT scores to consider your application complete and for review. Touro doesn't explicitly say but I would imagine the same. Looking back at the email confirmations they sent they include "Complete AADSAS application" for your app to be under review, and I think having an official DAT score on your app counts towards that completeness.

I understand that some people can just lie on their unofficial score report (Why would you? They'll find out sooner or later).
the schools that consider unofficial scores all specify that all actions are pending official scores...

Members don't see this ad :)
the schools that consider unofficial scores all specify that all actions are pending official scores...
I have an interview invite and all they have received so far are my unofficial scores

I have an interview invite and all they have received so far are my unofficial scores
please show me where i said you cannot receive an interview with unofficial scores...

i never said you cannot receive an interview with unofficial scores...
As I stated in my original post, I understand that admissions decisions are pending official scores. I am trying to figure out which schools will accept my unofficial scores. I know some explicitly say to not send them, whereas some schools do accept them. My whole point of my post is to figure out which schools allow them to be submitted as I do not want to anger admission committees. The schools that I am seeking more information on do not explicitly state it on their website..

Last edited:
please show me where i said you cannot receive an interview with unofficial scores...
"all specify that all actions are pending official scores" - I understood "all actions" to include interview invites

Again, I know they cannot accept me without my official scores. Some schools will let you send the unofficial scores while waiting for the official scores. I am not sure where you are misunderstanding my question and apologize this has caused some confusion. I do not want to send unofficial scores to schools that explicitly do not want them. There are schools that welcome unofficial scores while waiting, though.

"all specify that all actions are pending official scores" - I understood "all actions" to include interview invites

Again, I know they cannot accept me without my official scores. Some schools will let you send the unofficial scores while waiting for the official scores. I am not sure where you are misunderstanding my question and apologize this has caused some confusion. I do not want to send unofficial scores to schools that explicitly do not want them. There are schools that welcome unofficial scores while waiting, though.
congrats on the excellent dat scores BTW

i think you'll be surprised by how quickly your DAT scores are verified and sent to the schools
october is not peak season for DAT testing traditionally
if you are worried about pissing off adcoms, then don't send to any
or just send to the ones that say they accept

either way, trust the process...

congrats on the excellent dat scores BTW

i think you'll be surprised by how quickly your DAT scores are verified and sent to the schools
october is not peak season for DAT testing traditionally
if you are worried about pissing off adcoms, then don't send to any
or just send to the ones that say they accept

either way, trust the process...
Thank you! I have been checking and so far I haven't seen any updates regarding the official scores being sent out yet. I know it's still way too soon though since I took my test Oct. 7th.

I appreciate the advice!