• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

which schools allow interviewees to know their interviewers' names prior interview

aspiringdoctor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2005
    hi,

I will be interviewed at University of washington this wednesday. I wonder if UW or any medical schools that give out the names of interviewers to their interviewees before the interview day.

Very appreciate if any one can help

About the Ads

LadyWolverine

10+ Year Member
    Aug 17, 2004
    Hiding in your closet
    1. Attending Physician
      aspiringdoctor said:
      hi,

I will be interviewed at University of washington this wednesday. I wonder if UW or any medical schools that give out the names of interviewers to their interviewees before the interview day.

Very appreciate if any one can help

Hey AspiringDoctor:

You will find out on Wednesday morning. The coordinator will give you a folder that will contain a page with the interviewers' names and departments. I hope, for your sake, that you are not interviewed by Dean Samson. Apparently there is some rumor that those poor folks that he interviews do NOT get in. Of course, this is most likely just a rumor. I think that he is probably intimidating as an interviewer, but I've only spoken to him one-on-one, and he seemed very nice. The med student who interviewed me (it is a panel interview - 2 sci/clin faculty and 1 3rd or 4th year student) was obviously sleep deprived and toggled between spacing out and being ultra-confrontational. And there was a prof from the biochemistry faculty who was almost argumentative when I was talking about my research.

I hope that you have a better experience than I did. I was rather unimpressed by UW, which is surprising, for a top 10 school. I expected more out of the students (who seemed miserable) and the faculty (who seemed preoccupied). And I worked there at the dept. of medicine for three years...you'd think I would have known. Oh well. Good luck.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.