which schools are most likely to accept you after interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

charleslin1118

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
just out of curiousity, do u guys know which schools are more likely to
accept a student after interview? in other words, they pretty much
decide to take you after offering you an interview.

i checked out the data from last application cycle at predents and
found that the top 3 schools with highest accepting rate after interview are:
1. UCLA 91% acceptance rate
2. Penn 87%
3. NYU 75%

lowest being
1. ASDOH 15%

btw i have only looked up the schools i applied to so the stats may not be
entirely representative.

Members don't see this ad.

just out of curiousity, do u guys know which schools are more likely to
accept a student after interview? in other words, they pretty much
decide to take you after offering you an interview.

i checked out the data from last application cycle at predents and
found that the top 3 schools with highest accepting rate after interview are:
1. UCLA 91% acceptance rate
2. Penn 87%
3. NYU 75%

lowest being
1. ASDOH 15%

btw i have only looked up the schools i applied to so the stats may not be
entirely representative.

The data on predents are from the people who registered on it. You might want to look up DocToothache excel files which shows actual data.
UoP has 99.99% acceptance rate after interview i think.

The data on predents are from the people who registered on it. You might want to look up DocToothache excel files which shows actual data.
UoP has 99.99% acceptance rate after interview i think.

U got a link? Cant find it...

Members don't see this ad :)
What about out of state, pre-Dec interview/acceptance rates? I assume it is higher.

What about out of state, pre-Dec interview/acceptance rates? I assume it is higher.

The second set of data is the out of state stats. And yeah, I would say the pre-dec interviews give you a higher chance especially for the schools that fill most of their seats around Dec 1st.

Thanks for the link. It is kind of confusing.
For OOS in Case as an example, does it mean that 208 of 316 OOS interviewees got accepted?
Since the class size is about 80, it suggests that a lot of OOS rejected Case and went to somewhere else.

CASE 3175 316 208 1.5
Case also had an over acceptance that particular year and had to finagle and offer deals to extra students and still ended up with class of 15 or so more people that was planned. I believe year of 08 acceptance rate was significantly different. But overall, yes, schools with high tuition usually have to accept more people since many will choose less expensive instate schools. If you look at NYU they actually accepted more people than they interviewed - believe that was last year when NYU accepted some people with high stats without interviews- anyone knows?
Marquette had issued acceptance to 70 OOS people 2007 year and 38 sent their deposits in /40 OOS spots/. So year of 2008 they sent only 81 acceptance total for 80/ 40in40oos/ spots and only 5 did not sent their deposits in. I bet they doing same rate this year...

Are you sure those stats are about % of people who get acceptance letters and not % of applicants who confirm their intention of attending that school ( so actual acceptances to the school / number of acceptance letters sent out by the school)? I'm not saying you are wrong, I've just never seen a stat that reflects the number of acceptance letters sent out by a school compared to the number of interviews they conduct.

NYU's stats dont make any sense...how are they accepting more than who have interviewed (value below 1)? Am i reading this incorrectly, any chance someone can clarify this??
Thanks

NYU's stats dont make any sense...how are they accepting more than who have interviewed (value below 1)? Am i reading this incorrectly, any chance someone can clarify this??

Some people accepted without interview.

NYU is known to accept people without interview, am assuming one has to have pretty high stats to get it.
and yes, ADEA book does show number of actual acceptances sent and not matriculants.