Which schools are relatively easy to get into?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I disagree with #8. "Be Yourself" is the worst advice ever for anything.

Huh? So you advocate being somebody else then?

It seems to me that AdComs would be able to sniff out when you are B.S.'ing and trying to feed them the answers that you think they want to hear. I think #8, "Be Yourself," is great advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Huh? So you advocate being somebody else then?

It seems to me that AdComs would be able to sniff out when you are B.S.'ing and trying to feed them the answers that you think they want to hear. I think #8, "Be Yourself," is great advice.

At the same time, honesty isn't always rewarded.

well... be sincere and be urself BUT do pay attention to what you say.

ie, seems like some ppl on this forum are just 'settling' for pharmacy after they decided against dent/med... then u obviously wont say that in an interview :D

Members don't see this ad :)

Be yourself might be great advice if you are actually good interview material...which would take one VERY VERY rare individual. If I acted myself during the interview I would have had a hoodie on, some baggy jeans, and some sunglasses on so they couldn't see me sleeping. I would have spoken one hell of a lot less and not asked them one single question about the school and the program because I have better things to do than be interviewed. I never speak a great deal around people I don't know because I like to get a feel for the person before I try to actually talk to them in some excess. Most of my answers would have been "yes/no" with little expansion on those answers. My mannerisms would have been greatly altered. I would have spoken with my hybrid Pittsburgh/Southern twang that instantly makes people think I'm an idiot yokel.

So, yes, I played somebody else when I was interviewed. I changed my speaking mannerisms. There were no ya'll's/you'uns/n'ats/ain'ts. I sounded like a freakin' newscaster. I spoke at length and expanded my thoughts on everything. I asked them very specific questions about the program that lead to longer discussion. I was attentive, spoke with eloquent language, and convinced them I was an amazing, intellectual candidate. They probably though I was going home to read Plato and listen to Beethoven. If there's one thing I hate, it's pretentious dinguses...and for one hour I was one....because I had to be. In fact, I got the highest score of anybody accepted to my class. I think it was 29.25/30. Class average was maybe 23 or 24.

Nobody "is themselves" during an interview. To do so is ******ed. Everybody is a shell of themselves because they know they are under a microscope. THAT is why "be yourself" is terrible advice.

I am a highschool senior and seriously considering pharmacy school. I want to apply to the pitt pharmd program. I was wondering if anybody could tell me about pharmacy career options besisdes working in retail stores. thanx

Be yourself might be great advice if you are actually good interview material...which would take one VERY VERY rare individual. If I acted myself during the interview I would have had a hoodie on, some baggy jeans, and some sunglasses on so they couldn't see me sleeping. ...
Nobody "is themselves" during an interview. To do so is ******ed. Everybody is a shell of themselves because they know they are under a microscope. THAT is why "be yourself" is terrible advice.

Point taken, WVa. Knowing more about you now, it makes more sense.

Everyone keeps talking about applying early for rolling admissions. What is considered early though? Obviously the ealier the better, but is October still considered early?

I'm applying early decision to a school, and I'm hoping that even if I don't get in, I still have a chance of getting into a pharm school (I know this is not the case with med school cause of what my brother went through). Are my hopes right?

Everyone keeps talking about applying early for rolling admissions. What is considered early though? Obviously the ealier the better, but is October still considered early?

I'm applying early decision to a school, and I'm hoping that even if I don't get in, I still have a chance of getting into a pharm school (I know this is not the case with med school cause of what my brother went through). Are my hopes right?

I could be wrong, but applying to early decision schools and doing their early decision programs prevents you from applying early to a whole bunch of regular schools and getting invitations. Is it worth it? I am not too sure.

Think about it...you are forfeiting the possibility of getting 20 interviews early if you have good stats and apply early, but you will not benefit at all if the early decision school you applied to DENIES you....am I right? Then you would lose two months of possibly submitting your pharmcas by Oct 1, 2007 which is the general deadline if you are applying to pharmacy schools with rolling admissions.

Think before you apply early decision!

Are you secretly applying to the early decision program and discouraging others to? :D

I recall Farmercyst (sorry to use you as an example) who applied early decision and though the decision didn't lend to his favor, look at where he's going this fall, USC! I believe they call it early decision so that if it doesn't work out, you still have a fighting chance to apply to other schools.

I could be wrong, but applying to early decision schools and doing their early decision programs prevents you from applying early to a whole bunch of regular schools and getting invitations. Is it worth it? I am not too sure.

Think about it...you are forfeiting the possibility of getting 20 interviews early if you have good stats and apply early, but you will not benefit at all if the early decision school you applied to DENIES you....am I right? Then you would lose two months of possibly submitting your pharmcas by Oct 1, 2007 which is the general deadline if you are applying to pharmacy schools with rolling admissions.

Think before you apply early decision!