Which schools interview early?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by skyhawkd, Jun 19, 2002.

1. skyhawkd

skyhawkd Member

I'm wondering what schools usually start interviewing before the end of the year.
    Also, what schools interview at the bitter end of the cycle.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lollie2006

lollie2006 Member

NYU & Columbia interview very early (Oct); others I interviewed at before Dec: BU, Georgetown, GW, Penn. It really depends on how early your application is completed, so apply EARLY!!

4. turbogirl

turbogirl Junior Member

Pitt started interviewing pretty early last year. They sent out a lot of invites before they even had secondaries!

5. DrBlueDevil

some Texas schools started interviewing in August last year....all TX schools were interviewing by early September.

6. soren77

soren77 Member

from my experience, all the ny state schools, penn state, and gw interview early. i think it was a little different last year with the amcas situation though.

some of these schools contacted me by phone late august to schedule interview in sept.

7. TommyGunn04

Resident [Any Field]
    I think most schools start interviewing before the end of the year. Even with all the AMCAS delays last cycle, I had almost all of my interviews before January 1st, because I had all of my secondaries in before the end of September (and many of them before the end of August). So the take-home message is: APPLYING EARLY means you have a much better chance of INTERVIEWING EARLY.

8. jot

jot

you can't even turn in NYU till august 5th right? they have that fast of a turn around time? damn.
    -jot

9. skyhawkd

skyhawkd Member

I heard that U of Washington starts interviewing in Sep/Oct. Is this true?