Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Which schools interview early?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by skyhawkd, Jun 19, 2002.

1. skyhawkd

skyhawkd Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm wondering what schools usually start interviewing before the end of the year.
    Also, what schools interview at the bitter end of the cycle.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lollie2006

lollie2006 Member
    7+ Year Member

NYU & Columbia interview very early (Oct); others I interviewed at before Dec: BU, Georgetown, GW, Penn. It really depends on how early your application is completed, so apply EARLY!!

4. turbogirl

turbogirl Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pitt started interviewing pretty early last year. They sent out a lot of invites before they even had secondaries!

5. DrBlueDevil

10+ Year Member

some Texas schools started interviewing in August last year....all TX schools were interviewing by early September.

6. soren77

soren77 Member
    7+ Year Member

from my experience, all the ny state schools, penn state, and gw interview early. i think it was a little different last year with the amcas situation though.

some of these schools contacted me by phone late august to schedule interview in sept.

7. TommyGunn04

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think most schools start interviewing before the end of the year. Even with all the AMCAS delays last cycle, I had almost all of my interviews before January 1st, because I had all of my secondaries in before the end of September (and many of them before the end of August). So the take-home message is: APPLYING EARLY means you have a much better chance of INTERVIEWING EARLY.

8. jot

jot

you can't even turn in NYU till august 5th right? they have that fast of a turn around time? damn.
    -jot

9. skyhawkd

skyhawkd Member
    7+ Year Member

I heard that U of Washington starts interviewing in Sep/Oct. Is this true?