Which schools send out invitations, which don't?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DaniDoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's nice knowing I'm not the only super-neurotic pre-med kid out there :) (not that I'd expect any different...I think we're a different species!) ANYWAY...

I've "received" secondaries from 8 of the 9 schools I've applied to, but I have to say, I'm TOTALLY CONFUSED as to which schools actually screen and which are just anxious to suck all our money.

My list:
Columbia (I know they DON'T screen)
*Yale (got 2 emails - does this mean something?)
*UPenn (got an "invitation" - again, does this mean anything?)
*UVa (got 2 diff emails - screen or no?)
Miami
Vanderbilt (got interview)
USUHS (i KNOW they DO screen)
NYU (they DO screen)

so i guess my only real questions are about the emails from Yale, UVa & UPenn, and the LACK of emails from Columbia. Do these mean anything? Should I be concerned?

Input welcome :)
-DD

Members don't see this ad.

DaniDoc said:
It's nice knowing I'm not the only super-neurotic pre-med kid out there :) (not that I'd expect any different...I think we're a different species!) ANYWAY...

I've "received" secondaries from 8 of the 9 schools I've applied to, but I have to say, I'm TOTALLY CONFUSED as to which schools actually screen and which are just anxious to suck all our money.

My list:
Columbia (I know they DON'T screen)
*Yale (got 2 emails - does this mean something?)
*UPenn (got an "invitation" - again, does this mean anything?)
*UVa (got 2 diff emails - screen or no?)
Miami
Vanderbilt (got interview)
USUHS (i KNOW they DO screen)
NYU (they DO screen)

so i guess my only real questions are about the emails from Yale, UVa & UPenn, and the LACK of emails from Columbia. Do these mean anything? Should I be concerned?

Input welcome :)
-DD

I applied to many of the same schools you're asking about and as far as I know, Upenn, Yale, and Columbia don't screen and send the same emails to everyone.

yale definitely does not screen
the only other one i can help with is NYU but you already know they don't

kahoo99 said:
yale definitely does not screen
the only other one i can help with is NYU but you already know they don't

I think NYU screens....

-tx