Which schools send out recruitment letters/viewbooks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Curci

The Master Chief
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know about Wash U, but which other medical schools send out recruitment material? Not counting the podiatric and osteopathic schools, I've gotten a couple of things from a handful of schools suggesting that I apply. I find it funny, because I never thought that the schools had to waste their time/money looking for yet more applicants, and I can barely afford to apply to the schools that I've already selected anyway. ^^; Anyway, I just wanted to know which ones I was missing, so I could complete my collection, you know? :rolleyes: "Gotta catch 'em all!"

Members don't see this ad.

Money from secondaries, that is why they send out recruitment letters. But hey you never know, they may actually accept you.

efex-- do you mean that schools use the fees from secondaries as a fund-raising opportunity and not just to process our applications??? i'm SHOCKED!!:eek: :wow:

ohhh the sarcasm!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
two varieties of letters:
if you pass some magic MCAT threshold, then some schools are sending letters to encourage you to apply (numbers obsessed wash u for one)
or, if you are a URM, the "hard up for minorities schools" as someone described might send you something (dartmouth for one).

I've gotten some of both, but i say proceed with caution, there seems to be an obvious financial motivation . but thats really weird they would go through the trouble of sending those things out, i wonder what the percentage of those kids who get letters even apply to the school.

University of Pennsylvania sent me some stuff unsolicited. They were nice enough to reject me quickly afterwards, though.

Regardless of who originated the comment "hard up for minorities", I find the phrase rude. Those type of comments are why non-URMs are not accepted into primarily minority schools. After all these years we just can't seem to get along. Why do people still feel inferior? For the most part I find this board extremely helpful. I find the occasional racial slurs deplorable.

Are we truly America's Finest?

Originally posted by LoveDoc
Regardless of who originated the comment "hard up for minorities", I find the phrase rude. Those type of comments are why non-URMs are not accepted into primarily minority schools. After all these years we just can't seem to get along. Why do people still feel inferior? For the most part I find this board extremly helpful. I find the occasional racial slurs deplorable.

Are we truly America's Finest?
:confused:

Originally posted by LoveDoc
Regardless of who originated the comment "hard up for minorities", I find the phrase rude. Those type of comments are why non-URMs are not accepted into primarily minority schools. After all these years we just can't seem to get along. Why do people still feel inferior? For the most part I find this board extremely helpful. I find the occasional racial slurs deplorable.

:confused: we're talking about schools, not people..?