Which schools should I apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ms_taken

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I am new to SDN and would like to hear what everyone has to say about the schools they chose to apply to. I am from Texas so the only osteopathic school I applied to so far is Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (TCOM). I am also submitting my AACOMAS primaries today, but still unsure which schools to apply to.

Which schools are known to prepare you well for Steps and so forth?
Which schools have a great curriculum, etc...?
Which schools are the hardest/easiest to get into?

I think I am okay with 7 PS/9 VR/10 BS/P WS = 26P (2nd time). I know it's more to it than numbers, but let me know what yall think.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Your MCAT is fine. Assuming you have a decent GPA, you should be competitive at most osteopathic medical schools.

You can do a search on SDN and find "pros/cons" threads for just about every DO school, including how their students do on USMLE and COMLEX. I would make my own decisions about which schools to appy to you. What may be important to someone else may not be important to you. You need to check them all out and make your own decision. Which ones are "easy to get into"? LOL. If you find out, let me know!

Thank you DUNKIN DO. I know there's no such thing as "easy" but it was worth a shot. =)