Which Schools Take NBDE I at end of first year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nephi

Nephi
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which Dental Schools have their National Boards Part I taken at the end of the first year of dental school? Besides of course, University of the Pacific in San Francisco, and Nova in Florida.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't this interesting? I still recall back in 2003, NSU was one of the first dental schools to take Part 1 immediately after our 1st year and now look at everyone? I still believe it's a great way of to tackle Part 1.

Creating a list:

NSU
Pacific
Colorado
UNC
Arizona
Meharry
Havard
VCU
MCG
Maryland

Any other ones?

Yah-E said:
Isn't this interesting? I still recall back in 2003, NSU was one of the first dental schools to take Part 1 immediately after our 1st year and now look at everyone? I still believe it's a great way of to tackle Part 1.

Creating a list:

NSU
Pacific
Colorado
UNC
Arizona
Meharry
Havard
VCU
MCG
Maryland

Any other ones?

Nebraska (UNMC)

Actually UOP takes Part 1 during the second quarter of 2nd year (or during summer break before 3rd year as I am doing :laugh: ). Last year several students hadn't taken it 3 months into their final (3rd) year.

Yah-E said:
Isn't this interesting? I still recall back in 2003, NSU was one of the first dental schools to take Part 1 immediately after our 1st year and now look at everyone?

It is interesting. And, Arizona does it because I pushed for us to do it as a result of what I had read about your class at Nova doing it. Without my pushing it wouldn't have happened.

Yah-E said:

Creating a list:

NSU
Pacific
Colorado
UNC
Arizona
Meharry
Havard
VCU
MCG
Maryland

Any other ones?

You stand corrected...Meharry has been doing it since the mid-late 80's...

DrAngie said:
You stand corrected...Meharry has been doing it since the mid-late 80's...

sorry to burst your bubble. They started in late 90's..
Just an FYI.

i am not so sure its a great idea -- i will be taking it in 15 days?

anyways there are few topics that i feel that weren't covered fully in classes either cause of time or they are going to teach it to us next year.

some examples that stand out to me the most

- Microflora and Bichemistry of Caries/Plaques/Calculus
- Occlussion

now both of those topics were covered in our normal classes but i feel that it wasn't fully expanded on, and i expect it to be expanded more next year..

Solid Snake DDS said:
sorry to burst your bubble. They started in late 90's..
Just an FYI.

...and guess what, the 90's is still before 2003...which was the point in the first place.

DrAngie said:
...and guess what, the 90's is still before 2003...which was the point in the first place.

Correct.

To be precise, first class to take NBDE 1 after the first year was the 2000-2001 year. It was an article in ASDA newsletter.....I read about during my freshman year of college...