Which schools take the best GRE score?

Started by luplodw
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

luplodw

Mississippi c/o 2014!!
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am retaking the GRE tomorrow, and I was wondering what schools accept the best GRE score, which combine the best sections of your tests, and which take only the most recent score. I am applying to Tennessee, Kansas State, Mississippi State, Ohio State, Auburn, and Washington State, so I would appreciate it if people would especially let me know for those schools. Thanks!!
 
I didn't find anything for UT, Kansas, or Mississippi on their websites. Your best bet will be to contact the admissions office for each school to get a definite answer. I think most schools only accept your highest overall score from one sitting. In other words, they won't pick the verbal score from December 2008 and the quantitative from April 2009 because they were your best section scores. The score they use may be your highest overall, but it could be the test where you excelled in one section and bombed another. Since you are taking the test tomorrow, just spend today relaxing and not trying to cram those last 150 GRE words into your brain! Get a really good nights sleep and eat a healthy breakfast in the morning. (I like frosted mini wheats..."keeps 'em full, keeps 'em focused!") I hope this helped a little, good luck!
 
I think most schools only accept your highest overall score from one sitting. In other words, they won't pick the verbal score from December 2008 and the quantitative from April 2009 because they were your best section scores.

Actually this is exactly what UC Davis, Cornell, Colorado State, and UPenn do, at the very least. 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone wants to know, UT takes the score from the most recent test you took