Which schools want us to send in printed AMCAS apps?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just called Jefferson and Ohio State. OSU is only accepting paper copies for EDP applicants. All printed AMCAS for regular decision are being discarded. They are "confident" to begin getting AMCAS transmissions the 15th of this month. Jefferson told me not to send in a printed. They are waiting for AMCAS transmission. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Can we send in the secondary early for Jefferson without the AMCAS application? (like Mt Sinai)

DD

what exactly does university of washington want? (not the one in saint luis, the other washington?)

getting confused :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
They want a paper copy of AMCAS, and a letter with all your MCAT scores for the past 3 years, but so far no secondary on-line. See accept_me's Aug. 3 thread "Procedures for UDub" for details.

Now that I know (or as much as one can ever "know" anything with AMCAS) that they are only sending out one page summaries of our applications, I'm really glad I kept sending out paper copies even after AMCAS announced that they were going to do it.

Uh, what does the summary contain exactly? Anything more than our GPA, MCAT, and personal contact info? You mean, schools aren't being sent our essays or post-secondary experiences? Man, a lot of us slaved over those two essays for a long time, and now schools aren't even gonna get to read em until AMCAS figures out this transmission deal?

No one knows (that I'm aware of -- presumably someone, somewhere, deep in the bowels of AMCAS knows -- but even that's doubtful!). See baylor21's remarks on the thread "Printed AMCAS apps have begun going out to schools."

Hey I just got this email from NJMS:

Dear NJMS applicant:

This has been a difficult year for applicants to medical schools. The new AMCAS process has been a challenge to both applicants and medical schools alike!

New Jersey Medical School appreciates your commitment and pledges to do everything possible to expedite the balance of the application process.

AMCAS has announced that it will forward paper applications to us starting next week.

Since it is UNCLEAR how soon they will send all applications, NEW JERSEY MEDICAL SCHOOL will accept DIRECTLY FROM APPLICANTS printed copies of their applications to start the process as quickly as possible.

Applications can be sent by e-mail or mailed.

If you have questions, NJMS' Admissions Office is available to help you.

Best wishes,

George F. Heinrich, M.D.
Associate Dean for Admissions
New Jersey Medical School
phone: 973-972-6088

Just making sure this page stays on top! :D

Daredevil, thanx for bringing it back on top. I was looking for the Harvard secondary page, and knew that it would be on Drako's page. :)

This type of thing should DEFINTELY be on the SDN FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) that some people are trying to create. Instead of sifting through forums, it would be an updated,evolving webpage that could be the one-stop shop for all the questions that we have in common.. what does everybody else think?

Adminstrators: how can we do this?!

I can't believe there aren't ANY new schools asking for paper apps! Or maybe AMCAS stopped them in their tracks by promising to send out paper apps? Or everyone's just bypassing this thread and going straight to Drako's site?

bump

BTW, Ohio State does NOT want printed apps

its all a conspiracy I tell u

by having shortage of physicians, the remaining supply is comparably weaker to the huge demand...therefore, the existing physicians getting a HUGE boost in their salary....

I say the medical schools and AMCAS are all in it together.....those sneaky pple :( ;)

u know...this whole process sucks :mad:

they give out interviews first to pple with hot stats! :(

and then the leftovers are for the rest of us....I feel so cheap and used :D :p

Hey Drako, just talked to jefferson and they are accepting hard copies of the AMCAs application.

Originally posted by sng33:
•Hey Drako, just talked to jefferson and they are accepting hard copies of the AMCAs application.•
That's strange because I just got off the phone with them and they said "Do NOT send us printed AMCAS copies because we are receiving them from AAMC!" This is too much confusion for me. :confused:

I sent Jefferson a hard copy on July 30, since they had their secondary on-line. I sent them their secondary on about Aug. 5. Haven't heard a word from them.

I still havent received word from Jefferson about my application status, although I wrote them an email a week ago. I submitted everything a month ago, my guess is that they are waiting for the verified AMCAS info. DID ANYONE RECEIVE A COMPLETE APPLICATION EMAIL/MAIL from Jefferson??

If you call Jeff, they will tell you if your app is complete or not, and whether it's been forwarded on to the next step, i.e. screening for an interview.... I called this past week since I hadn't heard from them and had submitted my materials about a month ago.... Also, according to the person I talked to, they are just starting the interview process and are NOT waiting for verified AMCAS info... And, from what I understand, they interview linkage program students first, and then the rest... hope this helps....