which schools will accept mcat from 2012?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopesandDreams

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took my MCAT in Jan of 2012 and did very well. AFAIK most schools accept MCAT's from 3 years prior to year of matriculation. I could go through every schools website and compile a list, but I thought I would make this thread in case anyone has already had to deal with this issue.

Members don't see this ad.

So I took my MCAT in Jan of 2012 and did very well. AFAIK most schools accept MCAT's from 3 years prior to year of matriculation. I could go through every schools website and compile a list, but I thought I would make this thread in case anyone has already had to deal with this issue.

Should be all of them. I haven't heard of any that do less than 3 years.

Note that I believe it is three years before matriculation, not application. So April 2012 wouldn't count, but September 2012 would.

Disclaimer: Don't know 100%

Members don't see this ad :)
Note that I believe it is three years before matriculation, not application. So April 2012 wouldn't count, but September 2012 would.

Disclaimer: Don't know 100%

This is the part that varies from school to school. Some say from time of application, some say from time of matriculation. That's why if you're using older MCAT scores, each school you want to apply to should be checked for their individual requirements.

Check the MSAR for each school. It will take awhile, but it's necessary. I was shocked to see that so many schools (maybe not that many, but several) won't accept my August 2012 score. Many schools had their "oldest MCAT accepted" listed as September 2012 or January 1, 2013.

I just looked through 36 commonly applied to schools (private and CA) and the only one that didn't accept 2012 MCATs was Pritzker. George Washington's oldest is 4/1/2012 and Northwestern is 1/27/2012. Obviously not all schools, but it seems like the trend is most accept 2012.

Reactions: 1 user