Which Schools??????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angeleyes

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am in the process of sending my transcripts to AADSAS and I have to pick dental schools for them to send it too. Here is my dilemma. I live in California and I want to ask if anyone can offer an advice on schools that:

1. don't put much emphasis on DAT scores but high GPA(3.8). My scores were about 17/18 across the board.

2. Except out of state students

I know that Cali schools put a lot of emphasis on DAT scores and I am afraid I won't have that much of a chance to get in. Please help!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

why dont you retake the DAT? With your GPA and a bit higher DAT scores, you would have your pick of dental schools...including the Cali ones!

I agree, take the DAT again, you have plenty of time. A little higher score and your right up there for the Cali schools!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by angeleyes
Hi, I am in the process of sending my transcripts to AADSAS and I have to pick dental schools for them to send it too. Here is my dilemma. I live in California and I want to ask if anyone can offer an advice on schools that:

1. don't put much emphasis on DAT scores but high GPA(3.8). My scores were about 17/18 across the board.

2. Except out of state students

I know that Cali schools put a lot of emphasis on DAT scores and I am afraid I won't have that much of a chance to get in. Please help!!!!

I just PM'ed you

I agree that you ought to take the DAT again if you are able to.

Ideally, you could take it over 2 months from now (late May/early June) and STILL be in the first batch of applicants.

You also have the benefit of having taken it once, and although your scores aren't what you would like them to be, you have experience under your belt. Quite a few applicants would envy your GPA and position.

Take it again--don't let the fate of your future rest on general themes that schools tend to run under. You never know, this year may be the year they buck the trend and start holding the DAT in higher esteem, or the year that their average applicant has a 3.9 and 20s across the board. Both of those scenarios are very unlikely, but the point is that you should do all you can to polish your application prior to turning it in. You certainly have plenty of time.