SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Which score is the most important?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by JerseyBelle, Jun 17, 2002.

1. JerseyBelle

JerseyBelle Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 1, 2001
    Somerset, New Jersey
    The reciept of my MCAT scores by snail mail was completely anti-climatic, but I did well considering where I started from (9 point jump). I read some posts a while back saying that the verbal section counts more than the other sections, because with bio and phys sections; it's a you-know-it-or-don't arena.
    I know the overall scores is important, but quite a few posts said adcoms ZOOM in on verbal.
    Is that true?
    I did pretty good overall, and REALLY good for me on verbal (from 5 to 9!), so I'm kinda curious.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Yosh

Yosh Livin' in the WINDY CITY 10+ Year Member

Oct 25, 1999
    NW Indiana
    I interviewed at ~10 schools...and they all commented on my verbal score. I know that schools weigh the score heavily, thank God it was my highest out of the 3....

You would need a verbal of at least 7, 8 to be safe...anything below 7 is kinda least from the people I have spoken to in my class and at my school....
  4. none

none 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 27, 2001
    Yep verbal is the most important and the only to be directly correlatable to USMLE scores as far as I know.