Which score is the most important?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JerseyBelle

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The reciept of my MCAT scores by snail mail was completely anti-climatic, but I did well considering where I started from (9 point jump). I read some posts a while back saying that the verbal section counts more than the other sections, because with bio and phys sections; it's a you-know-it-or-don't arena.
I know the overall scores is important, but quite a few posts said adcoms ZOOM in on verbal.
Is that true?
I did pretty good overall, and REALLY good for me on verbal (from 5 to 9!), so I'm kinda curious.

Thanks
Belle

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at ~10 schools...and they all commented on my verbal score. I know that schools weigh the score heavily, thank God it was my highest out of the 3....

You would need a verbal of at least 7, 8 to be safe...anything below 7 is kinda chancy...at least from the people I have spoken to in my class and at my school....

Yep verbal is the most important and the only to be directly correlatable to USMLE scores as far as I know.