Which SDN users would you like to be your classmates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaider

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't read SDN TOO much (well, I try not to), but from the time that I do spend here a few posters stand out as very cool. I'd like to go to school with them. So, this thread is just for giving others props. :) Who would you like to study with?

gdbaby: hilarious, clever/wise
DaMota: fantastic taste in music/movies (i.e. exact same taste as mine)
dragonmate: nice and generous with helpful advice

Add to the list if you're so inspired... :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Jaider said:
Add to the list if you're so inspired... :thumbup:

there are many cool SDNers that I would love to have as classmates..
Shredder: only if he's as snappy in real life as he is when posting ;)
Q: just really thoughtful about everything. and brilliant.
daMota: comic relief... will be much needed and appreciated

...oh , and tons of other people who have so much good energy.

Members don't see this ad :)
All the peeps from the NC thread should be in my class. :D
These include shahab, UNC-or-BUST, BOBODR, WholeLottaGame, registered_user, MrBurns, and probably some others I'm forgetting. :oops:

N1DERL&, ingamina, Mushy, Anastasis, Tigress, there are too many to list. I might edit this later so I don't leave anyone out.

and for those peeps who have gone on before me, I would have loved to have gone to school with seethrew, i61164, closertofine, southerndoc, Dallenoff, Sweet_Tea, lots of good peeps.

Neat thread. :thumbup:

SeattlePostBach said:
there are many cool SDNers that I would love to have as classmates..
Shredder: only if he's as snappy in real life as he is when posting ;)
Q: just really thoughtful about everything. and brilliant.
daMota: comic relief... will be much needed and appreciated

...oh , and tons of other people who have so much good energy.
**blushing** amazing what tricked out lighting can do for a photograph.

I would pick gdbaby, jbrice, trishaaa, shredder (just to debate with him), rendar5, BrettBachelor (to keep me in check), and believe it or not -mercaptizovidah - maybe if he could see that my family is pretty normal and happy, he could learn to chill out a bit.

Too many to list, but shout-outs to N1DERL&, Medhacker, tacrum43, DaMota, tonic, BrettBachelor, Labmonster, Q, JustR/ZEAL and on and on...

Flopotomist, Shredder, Sacrament, BrettBachelor, DaMota, Tacrum, gdbaby, Tigress, DrMom, Rendar5, Jon Davis, Messerschmitts, and of course Turkeyman. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

tigress, gujuDOC (she doesn't know this, but one of my friends knows her IRL, says she's good stuff), QofQuimica, BrettBachelor, and Shredder (refreshing reality check).

Morning all! Yeah I know it's in the afternoon. Sleeping in! :thumbup:

I would love to be in school with:

mustangsally: sweetest girl :p
nape spikes: anyone who consciously gets one of these has got to be fun :smuggrin:
philanthropist: it's always great to know a mod :D
medhacker: will keep my computer safe :luck: on your interviews!
q: who else am I gonna study with? :)
ectopicfetus: cuz he tells it like it is :thumbup:
msheaddoc: coolest chick I know
gh, iamtired, floppy, gdbaby, turkeyman, and a whole bunch of others!

Have a great Turkey Day! ;)

Anyone with "Banned for Trolling" under their username. I wanna see what a real life troll looks like.

I'd say unfrozencaveman, sailcrazy, flopotomist, gdbaby and anyone else with a healthy dose of sarcasm ;)

Flopotomist said:
**blushing** amazing what tricked out lighting can do for a photograph.

I removed the reference to how hot you are because I thought it made me sound like a scary stalker-type person :D
But I wouldn't mind having eye candy in my classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I could fill an entire medical school class with cool people from SDN who are applying for this fall. :p I would include lots of people from the non-trad crowd and the U Mich, FL, TX, and AL thread crews. And then there are tons of random other applicants that seem like great people. I don't know about you guys, but I am really looking forward to starting med school. And part of it is that I know I am going to have some fantastic classmates. :love:

STELLAAAA!!!!! ...hmm... well, if you're from the mayo thread a few weeks back you'll know of what i speak :) Stellllaaaa :laugh:

Oh, I forgot QofQuimica and Unfrozencaveman......I'd want them in my class too.

indigoblue said:
moosepilot
usafdoc2be
:luck:

:laugh:

Well, hopefully this is one that will come true!

I've got too many to name, but all my friends of course. :love:

Interesting topic. Don't want to hurt anybody's feelings though. With a few exceptions, I think all SDNers seem pretty awesome and would be great classmates in medical school. Specifically:

NapeSpikes and Praetorian (b/c they named me :)), tigress, WholeLottaGame7, jtank, MrBurns, Turkeyman, ShyRem, MoosePilot, DaMota, gintien, medstylee, Joonie, gdbaby, Flopotomist, jj08, SpeedRacer, CP Jones, Dakota, Phil Anthropist (can we name mods? I think we can), yourmom25, Labmonster, and probably more that I'm forgetting at the moment (sorry). But not Q though, I don't want to look stupid in med school ;).

tacrum43 said:
...But not Q though, I don't want to look stupid in med school ;).
Son, I hate to break it to you, but that's what med school is really all about. :laugh:

;)

EvoDevo said:
Whatever. :rolleyes:
Dude, you've never even laid eyes on me, let alone taken a class with me, so you have no way of judging this. :p But I can tell you that I do and say my own share of stupid things, the same as anyone else. In fact, I probably say more stupid things than a lot of other people, because I'm not too hung up about asking "stupid" questions. If I don't understand something, I'll speak up and say so. The way I see it, that's why I'm going to med school. If I already knew everything I need to know to be a competent doc, I could just take the boards and apply for residency right now. :rolleyes:

P.S. Up till you started busting my chops, I *would* have picked you as a person I'd have liked to go to school with. :smuggrin: :p

I would like Q to be one of my classmates only so I could see her plastered and dancing on tables after an anatomy exam.

MrBurns10 said:
I would like Q to be one of my classmates only so I could see her plastered and dancing on tables after an anatomy exam.
Sorry, Burnsie, but it won't happen. For one, I am old and square, so I don't get plastered. :smuggrin: But even if I did, I'm a sad drunk, not a happy one. I'd be much more likely to lie down on the table and fall asleep than dance on it. :p On the other hand, if you catch me in the right mood, I might totally dance on the table, anatomy exam or no anatomy exam, and no alcohol required. :D

QofQuimica said:
Sorry, Burnsie, but it won't happen. For one, I am old and square, so I don't get plastered. :smuggrin: But even if I did, I'm a sad drunk, not a happy one. I'd be much more likely to lie down on the table and fall asleep than dance on it. :p On the other hand, if you catch me in the right mood, I might totally dance on the table, anatomy exam or no anatomy exam, and no alcohol required. :D
You're less of a challenge than I thought! By the way, passing up dancing to lay down on the table isn't such a bad thing either...some guys might actually prefer that. Don't advertise that until at least the 2nd date.

if everyone posted their pictures I would have a lot better answer to this question ;)

QofQuimica said:
P.S. Up till you started busting my chops, I *would* have picked you as a person I'd have liked to go to school with. :smuggrin: :p

tear.gif
I guess that I can now wave goodby
sadwavey.gif
to my scheme of getting your ass to Texas now.

*crushed*

QofQuimica said:
Well, you are old. And we all know that oldsters don't know how to party.

Are they giving you a walker with your tuition, then?? :smuggrin:

MrBurns10 said:
You're less of a challenge than I thought! By the way, passing up dancing to lay down on the table isn't such a bad thing either...some guys might actually prefer that. Don't advertise that until at least the 2nd date.
Burnsie, you are one sick chick. I admire that about you tremendously. :thumbup: And you know I only have eyes ( :rolleyes: :eek: ) for you....though I don't think I really LIKE you posting all over SDN about how easy I am. :smuggrin:

EvoDevo said:
I guess that I can now wave goodby to my scheme of getting your ass to Texas now.

*crushed*
Well, luckily for you, there are lots of schools in TX. :p And I didn't even try to break into any of the UTs as an OOS applicant, so we're still good. :love:

EvoDevo said:
Well, you are old. And we all know that oldsters don't know how to party.

Are they giving you a walker with your tuition, then??
A walker? Listen, sonny, I can walk just fine. It's my MIND that's going, not my legs. :smuggrin:

QofQuimica said:
Burnsie, you are one sick chick. I admire that about you tremendously. :thumbup: And you know I only have eyes ( :rolleyes: :eek: ) for you....though I don't think I really LIKE you posting all over SDN about how easy I am. :smuggrin:

Well, luckily for you, there are lots of schools in TX. :p And I didn't even try to break into any of the UTs as an OOS applicant, so we're still good. :love:

A walker? Listen, sonny, I can walk just fine. It's my MIND that's going, not my legs. :smuggrin:
Uh huh. Your mind. SuuuuuUUuuuuuurreee. :rolleyes:

So getting away from the threadjack: Q [b/c I wanna see for myself just how "old" she is] , PhilAnthropist, Shredder [b/c it's funny like that], tigress, and...many more than I can remember.

I'll take:

-seilienne, 'cause she's bloody brilliant (and also a square/enix fan, very rare in females)
-jtank, 'cause I can identify with him and I get the sense that he's a cool guy
-gujuDoc, cause she's incredibly helpful, kind, and dedicated
-MEG@COOL, because this is the weirdest SDN'er out there (but weird in a hilarious way, not creepy)
-sac, cuz he's funny (albeit cynical)

Umm, a handful of others, im too tired to think right now. Anyone in my PM box goes on the list too. GJ you guys. :thumbup:

I'll take....

Flopotomist
DaMota
EctopicFetus (even though he is going into his residency)
GujuDoc (can't forget the bread and butter of the MCAT forum)
Gdbaby
JBrice
Trishaaa

Oh, and everyone else going to Loyola.

I'm going to start with a ditto of everyone mentioned so far: You're all great!! :love:

Rather than pick specific people I may or may not know, I'll list some general characteristics or characters I'd like to see: Skiers (or snowboarders), non-science majors (especially history or philosophy), conservatives, liberals, people who hate the snow (gotta laugh at someone), soccer/tennis players, other married students, people who are just plain fun, someone with an HD TV, at least one 40+ year old student, and perhaps Zach Braff.

dajimmers said:
I'm going to start with a ditto of everyone mentioned so far: You're all great!! :love:

Rather than pick specific people I may or may not know, I'll list some general characteristics or characters I'd like to see: Skiers (or snowboarders), non-science majors (especially history or philosophy), conservatives, liberals, people who hate the snow (gotta laugh at someone), soccer/tennis players, other married students, people who are just plain fun, someone with an HD TV, at least one 40+ year old student, and perhaps Zach Braff.

Can you add "people who look good in leotards" to the list? That way, I can join the dajimmers SOM.

:D

All of ya'll! (except for those gunner/butt-kissing bastards, I'd be beating your a$$ on a daily basis :D )
I would be a perfect classmate. :horns: I would always be on the lower-end of the curve. I make ya'll look good. :thumbup:

I like almost everybody who posts regularly on SDN, even Shredder who I used to hate. :p

Lucky me, I might actually get to be classmates with Q!

Q, BretteBachelor, Floppy, AndyMilonakis, Nutmeg, Shredder, gujudoc

MEG@COOL scares the **** out of me.

Wow. I like to pretend to be surprised people know me on this thing, because it makes me feel like I don't spend all my time on here, but I think I should come to terms with the fact that that is simply not true.
People I would love to have in my class: SDN enthusiasts, Yale School of Medicine students, people who own private islands, people willing to see who can say "penis" the loudest mid-lecture, people who enjoy skulduggery, tomfoolery, well-wishers in that they wish you no specific harm, whoever it was who stole my schwinn so I can blame whoever said "penis" really loud in lecture on him, the guy I saw shirtless on the tour at Miami (feel like I owe him a second date), people who like robots, or fancy themselves half-robot (AngieTron), people that lend themselves to great nicknames for private behind-the-back discussion, old squares with no legs, people who make baked goods in quantity.

i find myself unable to comfortably specify. seems like a zero sum game. and what about the poor guys who arent cited anywhere :( (not me, but im showing a little humanity)

anyway i like ppl who are logical, rational, ambitious, curious, insightful, and enjoy business or economics. preferably hardline right wing

:( **singing** Noooobody loves me. Eeeeverybody hates me. Guess I'll go eat woooooorms.... :(

MedicineBird said:
:( **singing** Noooobody loves me. Eeeeverybody hates me. Guess I'll go eat woooooorms.... :(
I'd be your classmate because that would mean that I got into the University of Utah!! :thumbup: Yea!! Sorry, but it will have to remain a dream. :(
*wipes a tear from his bloodshot eyeball*

jbone said:
I'd be your classmate because that would mean that I got into the University of Utah!! :thumbup: Yea!! Sorry, but it will have to remain a dream. :(
*wipes a tear from his bloodshot eyeball*

Some daddy YOU are. Guess I'll have to find someone else to render spankings. ;)

MedicineBird said:
Some daddy YOU are. Guess I'll have to find someone else to render spankings. ;)
Ok, I changed my mind now. :p

MedicineBird said:
Mmmmhmmm that's what I thought. :laugh:
Why are you up so late??? Work? Thinking of me? :laugh:

mercaptovizadeh said:
Q, BretteBachelor, Floppy, AndyMilonakis, Nutmeg, Shredder, gujudoc

MEG@COOL scares the **** out of me.
Geez, even after all those mean things I said to you? Now I feel like an ass hat.