This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sgihxx

Reaction score
Hello, I was hoping if I could get some advice from other applicants or from those who completed one of the two programs in making the decision.
I am a non science major so I want to join a program that will strengthen my science background and, most importantly, improve my MCAT.

Brown Gateway seems like a great program but EVMS prepares students for the MCAT the first year, which is the main reason why it is difficult for me to make a decision. I also was told that many students from EVMS Masters programs are accepted to EVMS MD.

I would appreciate your help! Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello, I was hoping if I could get some advice from other applicants or from those who completed one of the two programs in making the decision.
This is my stats - GPA: 3.7, sGPA: 3.5, MCAT: 499
I am a non science major so I want to join a program that will strengthen my science background and, most importantly, improve my MCAT.

Brown Gateway seems like a great program but EVMS prepares students for the MCAT the first year, which is the main reason why it is difficult for me to make a decision. I also was told that many students from EVMS Masters programs are accepted to EVMS MD.

Your grades are good enough. Go with the program that helps with the MCAT and has linkage to a medical school. EVMS is qualified under those criteria but I don’t know about the Brown program

Reactions: 1 user

I'm a former evms MM, current M2. If you have any questions about the program I can help. I was a 1 yr MM though not a 2

hey! I'm a graduate from the brown program. I personally picked the Brown program over EVMS for the success rate. Other people, including myself, received a lot of MD interviews after/during the program. Both seem to be great programs and it really depends on what you are looking for. I would love to talk to you more about it if you have more questions.