Which sounds better?

Started by Drx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Which one would yoy say?

  • I have 8 years of pharmacy experience

    Votes: 49 84.5%
  • I have over 17,000 hours of pharmacy experience

    Votes: 9 15.5%

  • Total voters
    58

Drx

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think it is better to list your pharmacy experience in terms of hours or years? I have been working as a certified pharmacy tech for 8 years.
So my application or personal statement could say:
I have 8 years of pharmacy experience
or
I have over 17,000 hours of pharmacy experience

Thanks for your opinions 🙂

Made it to a poll.
 
Drx said:
Do you think it is better to list your pharmacy experience in terms of hours or years? I have been working as a certified pharmacy tech for 8 years.
So my application or personal statement could say:
I have 8 years of pharmacy experience
or
I have over 17,000 hours of pharmacy experience

Thanks for your opinions 🙂

Made it to a poll.


Listing the hours makes it sound like you're trying too hard to impress them
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree. Listing that much experience in terms of hours isn't appropriate. It would be as appropriate as me saying I'm 210,240 hours old. I think 8 years of experience has more of an impact. Whatever the decision, you definitely have the "how did you research the field" down 🙂


Jbuprepharm said:
Listing the hours makes it sound like you're trying too hard to impress them
 
I think it just sounds more impressive being expressed in larger units.
Like if someone said they had 10 years instead of pharmacy experience instead of a decade. "A decade of pharmacy experience" sounds like a lot.
 
imperial frog said:
Why stop at days? Why not hours or minutes?

I think you should say "I have 61,200,000 seconds of pharmacy experience." 😉 Now THAT sounds impressive.

But seriously now, 8 years of experience IS an impressive amount of time and it certianly shows a high level of commitment. I think you should go with the years.

Chris