You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Which statin is most affected by CYP3A4 inhibition?
Started by spacecowgirl
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Between simva, fluva and atorva...From what I could find it looks like simva~lova>atorv. Other opinions?
👍 That gets my vote. Rosuvastatin and Fluvastatin are CYP-2C9. Pravastatin isn't significantly affected by CYP's.
do your own homework...your name isn't zpackBetween simva, fluva and atorva...From what I could find it looks like simva~lova>atorv. Other opinions?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do your own homework...your name isn't zpack
You're such a punk. I did my homework, I'm just seeking affirmation. Aren't we all seeking that, Caver?
Thanks for adding to the discussion.
oh...trying to make me look like the scumbag eh?You're such a punk. I did my homework, I'm just seeking affirmation. Aren't we all seeking that, Caver?
Thanks for adding to the discussion.
Spiriva's answer has my vote 🙂
But don't you need to drink like 1L/day for it to have any effect? The only people who do that are methadone clinic people.I can't tell you how many people I've had whine to me about the lack of grapefruit juice in their lives now. Can't they just go on the lowest atorva dose and just be consistent with their grapefruit juice intake?
Caver - you did the work yourself 😉 I don't think a baby should be gyrating in such a manner. Disturbing. I prefer your Princess and Mario avatar over that one.
Why must holy-Zpack get mudded into this kind of convo... 😱
Good question. Apparently Z has a rep of not liking to do his homework!
Good question. Apparently Z has a rep of not liking to do his homework!
Which he frames as an educational opportunity for us

Please don't make comments about his avatars. Poor Princess. I don't want to see that again.But don't you need to drink like 1L/day for it to have any effect? The only people who do that are methadone clinic people.
Caver - you did the work yourself 😉 I don't think a baby should be gyrating in such a manner. Disturbing. I prefer your Princess and Mario avatar over that one.
His latest avatars, Bart and the Baby, are not degrading to women like his former avatars. I really appreciate that! 🙂
Do, or do not. There is no 'try.' 😛oh...trying to make me look like the scumbag eh?
Spiriva's answer has my vote 🙂
I vote for this as his new avatar
I vote for this as his new avatar
![]()
He's a cat person...unfortunately
He's a cat person...unfortunately
*shudder*
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
He's a cat person...unfortunately
How about this one? I guess you would consider him a Snowshoe. His name is Junior, and he's an absolute doll and a sweetheart. You can sleep with him like a teddy bear 😍. He's part Siamese so he will "talk" to you too.
^^
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. His nickname is "Juni".
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. His nickname is "Juni".
He may be cute, but to me he's just one giant histamine.
I like cats...but I've always been a pooch person. Here are my babes.
What's wrong with cats? I got a cool cat avatar for you 🙂*shudder*
I'm really a dog person at heart...my 2 cats stumbled into my life and haven't left since
What's wrong with cats? I got a cool cat avatar for you 🙂
See above. Nothing is wrong with them, I think they are very adorable, but cats+me = Flonase+Zaditor+Allegra
Yeah, he is a "giant histamine", but I have allergies regardless. Here are my options: allergy medicine without kitty or allergy medicine with kitty. I like the kitty, and since I would have to take the medicine anyway, I keep the kitty. Thankfully, I don't have carpet. The floors in my apartment are made of shiny, solid pine. They're easy to clean, because nothing can hide within them. I have a Scooba too, but the battery is shot. There were some "lemon" batteries that were used by iRobot, so I need to get it replaced. It should be replaced for free, excluding the thirty minute phone call that I don't have time or the patience to make right now 😳. I tried to contact them online, but it was to no avail.He may be cute, but to me he's just one giant histamine.
I usually alternate between generic Allegra, Clarinex, and chlorpheniramine. I have generic Flonase too. I've had a few sinus infections recently, but those happen for other reasons, i.e. lack of sleep or restlessness at night, too much cigarette smoke in the air if I go out at night, or I'll make myself physically tired from cleaning/chores.
I usually alternate between generic Allegra, Clarinex, and chlorpheniramine. I have generic Flonase too. I've had a few sinus infections recently, but those happen for other reasons, i.e. lack of sleep or restlessness at night, too much cigarette smoke in the air if I go out at night, or I'll make myself physically tired from cleaning/chores.
You can clean/do chores enough to physically exhaust you? damn!
I'm torn between impressed and appalled 😉
Ummm... well... I was raised by a mother who loved organization. She had all sorts of containers and bags that she would store things in. Our house was small, so everything had its place. I was never allowed to leave my things (including books on the table) in the kitchen, living room, or in other community-type rooms.You can clean/do chores enough to physically exhaust you? damn!
I'm torn between impressed and appalled 😉
For example, I had to hang my towel on the towel bar in the bathroom after I was dressed, because the towel could never be left on the floor. If I wanted to listen to a CD, it had to go back in its case and the case had to be put back on the rack when I was finished. I didn't learn how to cook until I was in college, because it was too difficult to clean up afterwards- my mother wanted a spotless kitchen.
Although, my room was always a mess, but that was ok. It was my room.
Cleaning was never ritualistic (OCD); my mother just wanted/needed a very orderly house. To be honest, that's one of the reason's why I enjoy pharmacy. I like to organize, sort, and put up medicine. I work best with a clear pharmacy counter.
At home, I clean so that my environment will be easier to function in. During school, I can't maintain the same level of cleanliness, but I wish I could.
Cleaning helps me study too. I'm pretty hyper, so if I can use up enough of my energy, I can sit and study even though I don't enjoy studying. During finals week last semester, I did laundry when I wanted a mind break 😛.
The only time that I don't like to clean is when I'm depressed or upset. I do other things instead, like laying around and listening to music.
Ummm... well... I was raised by a mother who loved organization. She had all sorts of containers and bags that she would store things in. Our house was small, so everything had its place. I was never allowed to leave my things (including books on the table) in the kitchen, living room, or in other community-type rooms.
For example, I had to hang my towel on the towel bar in the bathroom after I was dressed, because the towel could never be left on the floor. If I wanted to listen to a CD, it had to go back in its case and the case had to be put back on the rack when I was finished. I didn't learn how to cook until I was in college, because it was too difficult to clean up afterwards- my mother wanted a spotless kitchen.
Although, my room was always a mess, but that was ok. It was my room.
Cleaning was never ritualistic (OCD); my mother just wanted/needed a very orderly house. To be honest, that's one of the reason's why I enjoy pharmacy. I like to organize, sort, and put up medicine. I work best with a clear pharmacy counter.
At home, I clean so that my environment will be easier to function in. During school, I can't maintain the same level of cleanliness, but I wish I could.
Cleaning helps me study too. I'm pretty hyper, so if I can use up enough of my energy, I can sit and study even though I don't enjoy studying. During finals week last semester, I did laundry when I wanted a mind break 😛.
The only time that I don't like to clean is when I'm depressed or upset. I do other things instead, like laying around and listening to music.
Dang...I thought SDN1977 typed a lot..
I just said that I was hyper 😉.Dang...I thought SDN1977 typed a lot..
Look, yo, Mr. Pharmacist. I went to sleep at 11pm with the intention of actually sleeping falling asleep at 12:30am. Instead, I fall asleep at 11pm and wake up at 1am. Now I'm freakin' awake, and no one else is on SDN.
Since you're so great and wonderful 🙂rolleyes:
😛), you should offer up some nice little bedtime story so that I can be well rested for my first day of school tomorrow. Otherwise, I will continue to type or clean until I can't hold my eyes open... This is a traditional gift for German children to receive on their first day of school:
http://gogermany.about.com/od/germanculture/qt/schultute.htm
It's a paper cone filled with gifts.
So Mr. great and wonderful Pharmacist, where's my Schultüte? I want a pink one with a kitty on the outside.
We've been through this before...You're German?
Try counting sheep.
great grandfather was Lithuanian -> I'm one eighth
great grandmother was half German and half Polish -> I'm one sixteenth of both
Both of my great grandparents came through Ellis Island in the 30's and settled in the Texas Panhandle. The Lithuanian side of my family was most likely killed by the Nazis, because the letters stopped coming, and they were never heard from again.
Haven't you seen the Serta commercials? Counting sheep doesn't work! Although, I have a Serta sheep. I snuggle with it sometimes 😛.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
inbred...dude! I'm half Latvian.
well, my dad's dad is Latvian, my dad's mother is german and was raised in Latvia. they met in college in Germany during the war.
yay baltic pride!
inbred...
does that explain the blonde hair/blue eyes?
on the other hand, my mother's family has been in the US since colonial times.
How come I only get a 2-year member Certificate Of Acheivement(TM)? It'll be 4 years next month, dammit.
PharmDStudent, I'm tired just reading your posts. Oh to be young again.
PharmDStudent, I'm tired just reading your posts. Oh to be young again.
Crestor (rosuvastatin) is the most potent of the statins. Caution is warranted in patients taking Coumadin (warfarin) since rosuvastatin is metabolized 10% by CYP 2C9, the same pathway as warfarin. It has little 3A4 interactions. Hope this helps!🙂
BTW: source APhA Drug Information Handbook
BTW: source APhA Drug Information Handbook
insightful!Crestor (rosuvastatin) is the most potent of the statins. Caution is warranted in patients taking Coumadin (warfarin) since rosuvastatin is metabolized 10% by CYP 2C9, the same pathway as warfarin. It has little 3A4 interactions. Hope this helps!🙂
BTW: source APhA Drug Information Handbook
Don't worry. My last day on SDN is Sunday (until May).How come I only get a 2-year member Certificate Of Acheivement(TM)? It'll be 4 years next month, dammit.
PharmDStudent, I'm tired just reading your posts. Oh to be young again.
I want to give insightful responses, so I'll speak about my perspective plus I'll give whatever information and knowledge that I can offer. Therefore, I have to devote too much of my free time to the threads; I need to be studying instead. My overall GPA is teetering between 3.4 and 3.5. I want a 3.5+ GPA after this semester.
Come Monday, you'll probably just see the regulars again. WVU will always be around 😎.
Don't worry. My last day on SDN is Sunday (until May).
Come Monday, you'll probably just see the regulars again. WVU will always be around 😎.
This day couldn't have come sooner
😛This day couldn't have come sooner![]()
Crestor (rosuvastatin) is the most potent of the statins. Caution is warranted in patients taking Coumadin (warfarin) since rosuvastatin is metabolized 10% by CYP 2C9, the same pathway as warfarin. It has little 3A4 interactions. Hope this helps!🙂
yes and higher dose of rosuvastatin may accumulate in asians so max daily is 20 mg.
here's another statin question:
I know lovastatin should be taken w/food to increase bioavailability but i recently read in the koda kimbo simvastain, pravastatin should also be taken w/food to decrease dyspepsia? Do you guys recommend pts taking simvastatin, prevastatin w/food?
I know lovastatin should be taken w/food to increase bioavailability but i recently read in the koda kimbo simvastain, pravastatin should also be taken w/food to decrease dyspepsia? Do you guys recommend pts taking simvastatin, prevastatin w/food?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K