Which tests to take in which order?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SunnyFlower288

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which AAMC test would recommend taking first if you've never taken a AAMC one before.

Also would you recommend taking that AAMC test first or takign Kaplan FL 3 first. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Another way to go would be to do AAMC 3 first to see where you are at and then use 2 or 3 kaplans to work on your weaknesses and test taking skills if they aren't solid already. Then use those skills on AAMC 4 and see how you did and repeat the above step. Then take the rest in order. Just another way to do it.

-LIS

Members don't see this ad :)
They repeat a lot of passages that you've either seen in previous tests, or on your lessons/hmwk practicing. This can completely throw off the accuracy of your timing, etc if for instance you've seen a verbal passage before. Also they are, in general, just confidence killers. Most people see a lot of grade deflation in these FLs. Esp 10 and 11. I'd just say away. After FL6 move onto AAMC 3 and start adjusting to the different style.

I don't want to start a new thread but can anyone tell me how the AAMCs line up in order of difficulty?