SunnyFlower288

10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Which AAMC test would recommend taking first if you've never taken a AAMC one before.

Also would you recommend taking that AAMC test first or takign Kaplan FL 3 first. Thanks!

LostInStudy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Another way to go would be to do AAMC 3 first to see where you are at and then use 2 or 3 kaplans to work on your weaknesses and test taking skills if they aren't solid already. Then use those skills on AAMC 4 and see how you did and repeat the above step. Then take the rest in order. Just another way to do it.

-LIS

DOC209

7+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Finish up the good Kaplan FLs (1-6) and then move onto the AAMC. When you get to the AAMC, take them in order starting at 3.
out of curiosity whats wrong with the other Kaplan FLs????

vandyam

Vulnera Sanentur
5+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2009
Dirty South
Status
Medical Student
They repeat a lot of passages that you've either seen in previous tests, or on your lessons/hmwk practicing. This can completely throw off the accuracy of your timing, etc if for instance you've seen a verbal passage before. Also they are, in general, just confidence killers. Most people see a lot of grade deflation in these FLs. Esp 10 and 11. I'd just say away. After FL6 move onto AAMC 3 and start adjusting to the different style.

Suffusion

10+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2009
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I don't want to start a new thread but can anyone tell me how the AAMCs line up in order of difficulty?