• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Which text to get?

Glp1del

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2002
East Coast
  1. Attending Physician
A quick question. I found out today the my prelim program is willing to buy me a textbook as a thank you gift for this year. I believe my program gives us Barish, so I was wondering what other text should I ask for? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Glp1

About the Ads

ThinkFast007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2004
jolly good show
I already bought the Clinical Anesthesiology book (Lange series) and plan on hoping paging through it during my prelim year.

Moreover, recently I've been given a book allowance to purchase a textbook. I really wanted a really good text to kinda have on my 'shelf'. I was initially thinking Miller. However, I had the tragedy of meeting one of the co author's of this text who turned out to be a A$$hole and have completely decided to avoid buying this book. LoL...i know i know...but hey I really dont want to line his pockets (or ego) any more than it already has been. plus on an anesthesia rotation of mine, I've tried to read a chapter in Miller and LITERALLY FELL ASLEEP every single time!!

So...I guess I'm left with Barash? Havent heard much about this book. there's no reviews on Amazone.So is it any good? WOuld it be a sufficient, equivalent 'reference' book?

Thanks!

ThinkFast007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2004
jolly good show
baby miller.....hmmm since it's written by the 'miller' group....i hate to help support it!

so basically you all are saying that Barash is not good???

like i said earlier, i do have that Lange Clinical Anes (by M&M).

i will definitely pick up that ICU book.

anyone else?

BubbleHead

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2006
  1. Resident [Any Field]
jetproppilot said:
Venty, I second that.

Those were the books I read when I was a resident.

You're walking point on tonight's mission.

I was told that Baby Miller has everything you need to pass the in-service your first time. Any thruth to that? If so, then why doesn't everyone pass the in-service in their CA-1 year? It's a 300ish page book that isn't really too boring and is very similar to Anesthesia Secrets, just not in the Q&A format.

drrosenrosen

Pain Physician
15+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2005
In transit
  1. Attending Physician
BubbleHead said:
I was told that Baby Miller has everything you need to pass the in-service your first time. Any thruth to that? If so, then why doesn't everyone pass the in-service in their CA-1 year? It's a 300ish page book that isn't really too boring and is very similar to Anesthesia Secrets, just not in the Q&A format.

Anyone know if there's a new edition of Baby Miller coming out soon? Last printing was 2001, seems like there should be a new one soon, and I'd hate to buy it just to have a new edition come out.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.