Which textbook should I buy first?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Renova

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I only have a couple weeks left in my prelim year (50 days left until I start my derm residency, and counting), during which I need to spend my academic allowance. Should I just buy Bolognia, or is another textbook that would be more useful?

Members don't see this ad.

This may somewhat depend on your program. In some programs, the residents go through a particular book on a given year, e.g. Andrews', Bolognia, ... I'd ask your upper class-peeps.

If you want something as a refresher then maybe zoom through little Fitz, or your favorite other compact overview.

It is very nice to have the Bolognia with e-edition access for pictures.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree that expertconsult is so darn annoying to work with...it boots you entirely out when you are reading...I do wish the search function was designed like Rooks...I think the search function is superior for Bolognia on expertconsult rather than Rooks though.

I'm a Rooks fan but I would focus first on what book you'll be using as regular reading for the upcoming year.

Last edited: