Which undergrad Books do i sell?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Katalyst

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I begin at LSU in August. I would like to know if anyone found their undergrad upper division science books useful in dental school. Throughout my biochem major, I have cross referenced learning material many times. Should I keep or sell my books including Pharmacology, Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Genetics, Immunology, Immunobiology, Organic Chemistry, Calculus? I'm sure I can ditch my Quantitative Analysis and Physical Chemistry books.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know how it works for LSU, but I have not cross-referenced any of my textbooks from undergrad. I saved biochemistry, physiology, histology, and microbiology, and have not used them once. In my opinion, there really isn't enough time to read everything required for your classes and stuff from your undergrad books. Maybe for one of them, but do to this for every class would be added time, which many of us do not have with the other 20 something hours we are enrolled in, and the additional time we use to wax up teeth in the lab. I have found that 99% of our exams come only from the materials presented in our manuals. A lot of times, the textbooks will go into much more detail than what is presented, and what you need to know. Just my personal opinion though.

people still buy books? The only books i bought were my ochem and gen chem books. All other biology books were worthless to buy. (after 4+ years biology books become outdated IMHO) Professors always recommend buying them, but the first semester that i did i never used them. If your library checks them out just do that. You will save lots and lots of $$$$. Or find a friend in the class who has one and study with them... thats also what i did.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sell them all.

Maybe keep anatomy.

I agree. If you have an atlas and Lippincott's biochemistry, keep those. Otherwise, sell the rest of them.

dentalgrad [dot] com - connecting dental students to great jobs

Well i can suggest you to keep atlas and anotmy and sell rest of them...

Sell them all -- baby!

I kept most of my college books and never cracked them once in dental school.

Thanks for the advice. Anybody see anything they want to buy? j/k