Which version of Lexi-Comp for your PDA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spacecowgirl

in the bee-loud glade
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lexi-Complete? Just Lexi-Drug? Drugs + Interact? Clinical Suite? I'm confused by the different options :confused:

If I have Epocrates and MicroMedex do I even need Lexi-Comp at all? I don't think I need 3 different references but I want the most comprehensive and user friendly options possible.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My friend who has used all of them says without a doubt Lexi-Comp complete. He's not on rotations yet, but he works in a pharmacy and uses it as a reference all the time.

i have lexi complete

i also have micromedex but i prefer lexi

i also can't stand epocrates

since you have micromedex i don't know that i would bother with the other unless you just have the money

Members don't see this ad :)
bbmuffin said:
i have lexi complete

i also have micromedex but i prefer lexi

i also can't stand epocrates

since you have micromedex i don't know that i would bother with the other unless you just have the money

How come you don't like epocrates? I have epocrates (the free version) and I was online using the online version for an assignment and I started to like the features that aren't available for free. A 2 year to epocrates is only 100 versus a lot more for Lexi. Is epocrates that bad? I am not on rotations or anything, I use it to look up drugs, MOAs (under other info), etc...and I think I would like the pay version since I like the free version so much.

I do have access to micromedex from USN but it is the biggest pain in the a** just to get it on your computer (i had it, lost it, and now want it but i am too lazy to go through it again) so I don't know if I will really get it on my PDA or not.

Can anyone give me reasons for or against epocrates (extended/complete version)?

I have lexi-complete. I don't use all the modules.

What I use:
Lexi-calc
Lexi-interact
Griffith's 5 minute clinical consult
infectious diseases
Lexi-drugs
Lexi-Lab diagnostics
Lexi-PALS (peds)
Med Abbreviations
Nursing Lexi-Drugs (has all the OTC's)
Stedmans Medical Dictionary

That's what I use for my 5th semester of therapeutics. I'm on rotations in 3 weeks.