Which version of Lexi-Comp for your PDA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

spacecowgirl

in the bee-loud glade
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lexi-Complete? Just Lexi-Drug? Drugs + Interact? Clinical Suite? I'm confused by the different options 😕

If I have Epocrates and MicroMedex do I even need Lexi-Comp at all? I don't think I need 3 different references but I want the most comprehensive and user friendly options possible.

Thanks!
 
My friend who has used all of them says without a doubt Lexi-Comp complete. He's not on rotations yet, but he works in a pharmacy and uses it as a reference all the time.
 
i have lexi complete

i also have micromedex but i prefer lexi

i also can't stand epocrates

since you have micromedex i don't know that i would bother with the other unless you just have the money
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bbmuffin said:
i have lexi complete

i also have micromedex but i prefer lexi

i also can't stand epocrates

since you have micromedex i don't know that i would bother with the other unless you just have the money


How come you don't like epocrates? I have epocrates (the free version) and I was online using the online version for an assignment and I started to like the features that aren't available for free. A 2 year to epocrates is only 100 versus a lot more for Lexi. Is epocrates that bad? I am not on rotations or anything, I use it to look up drugs, MOAs (under other info), etc...and I think I would like the pay version since I like the free version so much.


I do have access to micromedex from USN but it is the biggest pain in the a** just to get it on your computer (i had it, lost it, and now want it but i am too lazy to go through it again) so I don't know if I will really get it on my PDA or not.

Can anyone give me reasons for or against epocrates (extended/complete version)?
 
I have lexi-complete. I don't use all the modules.

What I use:
Lexi-calc
Lexi-interact
Griffith's 5 minute clinical consult
infectious diseases
Lexi-drugs
Lexi-Lab diagnostics
Lexi-PALS (peds)
Med Abbreviations
Nursing Lexi-Drugs (has all the OTC's)
Stedmans Medical Dictionary

That's what I use for my 5th semester of therapeutics. I'm on rotations in 3 weeks.