which was the best DAT prep book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Salman20001

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
could you guys recommend your most favourite DAT prep book...I am currently searching for one and would greatly appreciate any opinions
 
I liked the kaplan books that I got with the course. I've heard that the books that are available at the bookstore are exactly the same, but I can not verify this. Also, there are several old posts on this topic - do a search on DAT prep and you will find some other opinions.

good luck with the DAT! 🙂
ricegirl
 
Salmann,

I agree with Ricegirl, Kaplan book is the source to go and you can get it for like $50.00 from Amazon.com. That version is exactly like the one you get it in the $1000 course, but without the workbook. If you have $1000 to invest, I would definitely sign up for a Kaplan course, not for the course itself, but essentially for the access to all the practice exams and materials! Another must have studying tool is the TOPSCORE CD! I also have all sorts of secondary studying tools and materials for the DAT available soon, if you're interested! I'm taking the DAT next Wednesday, YIKES!!!!! Time to go practice!!!

😱
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I borrowed the Kaplan book from one of my friends, and found it to be the best source. I just read it twice over, but didn't memorize anything really. Personally, I think the course is a waste of money, because I studied on my own using Kaplan and Barron's, and got a pretty good score on the DAT. I didn't use TopScore, because I didn't know about it, but it seems like everyone recommends it.

Therefore, it can be done! And cheaply at that!
 
thanx a lot for all your replies..I have bought the topscore cd..

I just wanted to know if I can buy the Kaplan DAT Review book from someone living in Toronto...please send me an email if possible.