which was the best DAT prep book

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Salman20001, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Salman20001

Salman20001 Member

could you guys recommend your most favourite DAT prep book...I am currently searching for one and would greatly appreciate any opinions

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ricegirl

ricegirl Senior Member

I liked the kaplan books that I got with the course. I've heard that the books that are available at the bookstore are exactly the same, but I can not verify this. Also, there are several old posts on this topic - do a search on DAT prep and you will find some other opinions.

good luck with the DAT! :)
    ricegirl

4. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper

Non-Student
    Salmann,

I agree with Ricegirl, Kaplan book is the source to go and you can get it for like $50.00 from Amazon.com. That version is exactly like the one you get it in the $1000 course, but without the workbook. If you have $1000 to invest, I would definitely sign up for a Kaplan course, not for the course itself, but essentially for the access to all the practice exams and materials! Another must have studying tool is the TOPSCORE CD! I also have all sorts of secondary studying tools and materials for the DAT available soon, if you're interested! I'm taking the DAT next Wednesday, YIKES!!!!! Time to go practice!!!

:eek:

5. Buckyball

Buckyball Play with my "Buckyballs"

Resident [Any Field]
    I borrowed the Kaplan book from one of my friends, and found it to be the best source. I just read it twice over, but didn't memorize anything really. Personally, I think the course is a waste of money, because I studied on my own using Kaplan and Barron's, and got a pretty good score on the DAT. I didn't use TopScore, because I didn't know about it, but it seems like everyone recommends it.

Therefore, it can be done! And cheaply at that!

6. Salman20001

Salman20001 Member

thanx a lot for all your replies..I have bought the topscore cd..

I just wanted to know if I can buy the Kaplan DAT Review book from someone living in Toronto...please send me an email if possible.

7. Salman20001

Salman20001 Member