1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

which was the best DAT prep book

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Salman20001, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Salman20001

Salman20001 Member
    7+ Year Member

could you guys recommend your most favourite DAT prep book...I am currently searching for one and would greatly appreciate any opinions

2. ricegirl

ricegirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I liked the kaplan books that I got with the course. I've heard that the books that are available at the bookstore are exactly the same, but I can not verify this. Also, there are several old posts on this topic - do a search on DAT prep and you will find some other opinions.

good luck with the DAT! :)
    ricegirl

3. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Salmann,

I agree with Ricegirl, Kaplan book is the source to go and you can get it for like $50.00 from Amazon.com. That version is exactly like the one you get it in the $1000 course, but without the workbook. If you have $1000 to invest, I would definitely sign up for a Kaplan course, not for the course itself, but essentially for the access to all the practice exams and materials! Another must have studying tool is the TOPSCORE CD! I also have all sorts of secondary studying tools and materials for the DAT available soon, if you're interested! I'm taking the DAT next Wednesday, YIKES!!!!! Time to go practice!!!

:eek:

4. Buckyball

Buckyball Play with my "Buckyballs"
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I borrowed the Kaplan book from one of my friends, and found it to be the best source. I just read it twice over, but didn't memorize anything really. Personally, I think the course is a waste of money, because I studied on my own using Kaplan and Barron's, and got a pretty good score on the DAT. I didn't use TopScore, because I didn't know about it, but it seems like everyone recommends it.

Therefore, it can be done! And cheaply at that!

5. Salman20001

Salman20001 Member
    7+ Year Member

thanx a lot for all your replies..I have bought the topscore cd..

I just wanted to know if I can buy the Kaplan DAT Review book from someone living in Toronto...please send me an email if possible.

6. Salman20001

Salman20001 Member
    7+ Year Member