which was the best DAT prep book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Salman20001

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
could you guys recommend your most favourite DAT prep book...I am currently searching for one and would greatly appreciate any opinions

Members don't see this ad.

I liked the kaplan books that I got with the course. I've heard that the books that are available at the bookstore are exactly the same, but I can not verify this. Also, there are several old posts on this topic - do a search on DAT prep and you will find some other opinions.

good luck with the DAT! :)
ricegirl

Salmann,

I agree with Ricegirl, Kaplan book is the source to go and you can get it for like $50.00 from Amazon.com. That version is exactly like the one you get it in the $1000 course, but without the workbook. If you have $1000 to invest, I would definitely sign up for a Kaplan course, not for the course itself, but essentially for the access to all the practice exams and materials! Another must have studying tool is the TOPSCORE CD! I also have all sorts of secondary studying tools and materials for the DAT available soon, if you're interested! I'm taking the DAT next Wednesday, YIKES!!!!! Time to go practice!!!

:eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
I borrowed the Kaplan book from one of my friends, and found it to be the best source. I just read it twice over, but didn't memorize anything really. Personally, I think the course is a waste of money, because I studied on my own using Kaplan and Barron's, and got a pretty good score on the DAT. I didn't use TopScore, because I didn't know about it, but it seems like everyone recommends it.

Therefore, it can be done! And cheaply at that!

thanx a lot for all your replies..I have bought the topscore cd..

I just wanted to know if I can buy the Kaplan DAT Review book from someone living in Toronto...please send me an email if possible.