White Coat Ceremony Picture, the new Facebook Profile Picture

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
woo its that time of year again :D still haven't made it, but not giving up!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 12 users
Even being in med school, I feel like I'm still in a precarious position and don't feel like sharing my accomplishments until everything is final. Maybe that will be when I match, or when I finish residency. I don't know. I'm also a very private person and don't like putting my life out there for everybody to see.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I can feel your pain...:arghh:
Honestly, I felt like my first gap year was going to make me feel like the biggest loser of all time. But, it wasn't. It was unbelievably refreshing, and I spent the year doing full time research (I'm in love with research). Then, enrolling in a masters to learn more stuff about medicine before medical school has made me value this time, man if I could go back in time, I'd slap some sense into 2015 Dr. Stalker lol

We'll get there :)

Reactions: 5 users
I must say, it is absolutely heartbreaking sometimes to see white coat pictures year after year not knowing if you will ever get there :( delayed gratification at its finest

Reactions: 1 user
Just added my whitecoat picture to my tinder/bumble accounts. Matches have skyrocketed. The delayed gratification is worth it, stay the course all you premeds!

Reactions: 4 users
Even being in med school, I feel like I'm still in a precarious position and don't feel like sharing my accomplishments until everything is final. Maybe that will be when I match, or when I finish residency. I don't know. I'm also a very private person and don't like putting my life out there for everybody to see.

Agreed 100%. My Facebook profile doesn't mention anything about my career, schooling anything. I do take pictures, Insta when out with friends exploring the area but don't like to toot my own horn.