White coat clipboard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SnoPearl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy the White Coat Clipboard 2.0 that is so popular for the wards? It's not being stocked on amazon, and the official website is down, so I have no idea how to get my hands on one. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same dilemma. I want one of these things so bad.

hmmm that's weird. Have they gone out of business or something?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's being sold under another company, I forget the name now, but they are sold out until 8/31/10 according to that website ( I checked last week before their site was down). So be patient.

I was able to get in touch with MedInfo/MDPocket who makes them now...they are waiting on the manufacturing plant, and it will be about 6-8 weeks

Its unique only in that its a full sized clipboard that folds to fit in a white coat pocket. Its extremely useful however in that it keeps all your papers organized so you aren't shuffling around and losing stuff all the time. A friend, who is ahead of me in the process, gifted me mine at the beginning of M3 year. I didn't realize how useful it was until I noticed everyone around me losing their papers constantly or having to shuffle around searching their pockets on rounds. I don't always use it, usually only during pre-rounds and rounds and then I just have a list with a patient to-do list on the back.

I just gave the one I used in residency to a random intern I was sitting next to. I'm the best attending ever!:laugh:

Looks like there's one for sale on ebay right now with a pretty cheap starting bid.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like there's one for sale on ebay right now with a pretty cheap starting bid.

Ebay ad said:
This is a very mildly used White Coat Clipboard 2.0. The stickers containing lab values and other information have been removed, so it is plain black. It is in excellent condition, except for a bit of goo residue from some tape I had stuck to the back. Works great for medical students and residents, and fits just right in the pocket of a standard white coat.

I think I'll shell out the extra 5 bones and get a new one.

It's lame. Disregard this thread.

It's great. Disregard cpants's post.

The equations and stuff on it I rarely use. But having a clipboard is helpful in 3rd year. Having a clipboard that easily folds up and can be placed in your pocket is extremely helpful.

Definitely worth the money for me.

All right it's now mid October, has anyone actually received on of these things lately?

every resident thinks every med student who has one of these is a douche.

im not trying to be a douche myself even though I probably am, but I've heard them laugh at these things over and over and over...

im not trying to be a douche myself even though I probably am, but I've heard them laugh at these things over and over and over...

I could definitely see this being the case but I think it's just ridiculous. I've seen residents with their own "unique" ways of staying organized and IMHO I say use what works for you.... whether it be a clipboard, stacks of paper, PDA, flashcards, memory, etc....

If you want to use a clipboard and find that it helps you then what's the problem?

I got mine over a week ago... it's great

ditto

I don't think this is true, i've heard many residents say how nice/convenient they thought it was. I first saw the thing in a resident's white coat.

ditto

I don't think this is true, i've heard many residents say how nice/convenient they thought it was. I first saw the thing in a resident's white coat.

I'm not telling you not to get one, and personally I don't find them to be a big deal at all.. i even looked at buying one at the begining of the year but the long back order made me decide other wise. I'm just telling you what I've heard residents say over and over again, especially on the surgery rotation. They would point out a med student across the hall using one (this happened 3 separate times) or something and make fun of them.

But if they help you, get one, and who cares what other people think, it isnt that big a deal and I highly doubt they would think of you differently if your work on the floors is solid.

I'm not telling you not to get one, and personally I don't find them to be a big deal at all.. i even looked at buying one at the begining of the year but the long back order made me decide other wise. I'm just telling you what I've heard residents say over and over again, especially on the surgery rotation. They would point out a med student across the hall using one (this happened 3 separate times) or something and make fun of them.

But if they help you, get one, and who cares what other people think, it isnt that big a deal and I highly doubt they would think of you differently if your work on the floors is solid.

Odd, every resident I've known who has seen it has commented on how cool/useful/etc it is, and wanted to know where I got it.

Ohhh no you cant get one because a bright/cheery/nice surgery resident made fun of a student that had one!!!!