White Coat Size??????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

instigata

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to order a white coat, but I'm not familar with the sizes. I'm 6'1" and male-->should I get a large coat (of length, im guessing?) 42-44 or medium 40-42?

Thanks...I know this is probably a stupid question.

Members don't see this ad.

what size shirt do you usually wear? medium, large, XL, XXL?

I'm a tiny bit taller than you at 6'3 185 and my lab coat is a size 44 but it's a little bit too big. I'd probably go with the 40-42

medium/large...depends since not all shirts are the same :(

Members don't see this ad :)
just trying to get a feel for if you're a husky fella or not.

I'd say go with the medium. or find a local scrubs store and try one on.

what size shirt do you usually wear? medium, large, XL, XXL?

I'm a tiny bit taller than you at 6'3 and my lab coat is a size 44 but it's a little bit too big. I'd probably go with the 40-42

Lol where are we? Walmart?

Any real shirt is measured in both neck and length (not to mention other parameters)!

And saying if you're a 6'1 42" guy you want an bXL white coat.

here's an idea:

you wore a suit to your interview, right?

What size is your suit jacket?

Any real shirt is measured in both neck and length (not to mention other parameters)!

shirts are measured neck and arm length.

jackets are measured around the chest and then short, regular, or long

I was asking his t-shirt size. You can tell a good deal about the size of a person's belly by knowing what size t-shirt they wear.

I figured it was more polite than asking if he was fat.

of course a dress shirt size wouldn't have mattered. I wear a 16.5 / 35, but my coat size is a 42 long

I was asking his t-shirt size. You can tell a good deal about the size of a person's belly by knowing what size t-shirt they ask.

I figured it was more polite than asking if he was fat.

i wonder if that will work when taking histories:

Doctor: Are you fat?

Patient: huh?

Doctor: well, are you fat or not?

Patient: You tell me!

Doctor: You could lose a few...

:laugh:

Do you live near a medical school? Go to their bookstore and try on the coats. Problem solved.

Do you live near a medical school? Go to their bookstore and try on the coats. Problem solved.

Good point..I'll go tomorrow.

And try not poking fun at armybound, he was just trying to help.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, you can also ask them what brand they are giving you so that you can check specifically. If it's a short coat, it's probably the Landau examination coat. Just try 'em on.

Also sometimes ladies prefer the male coats.

So, not to change the subject or anything but this thread reminded me of something... I DROWN in size small scrubs, have to roll them up multiples times, and consequently look like I'm 12. Do they come in XS or XXS? I never thought to ask when I first was assigned some when volunteering and now it's too late to change. It's not like I'm THAT small, so they must make smaller sizes.

So, not to change the subject or anything but this thread reminded me of something... I DROWN in size small scrubs, have to roll them up multiples times, and consequently look like I'm 12. Do they come in XS or XXS? I never thought to ask when I first was assigned some when volunteering and now it's too late to change. It's not like I'm THAT small, so they must make smaller sizes.

At my school's scrub sales there are xs. My problem is my booty makes my bottom a small but I need an xs on top, but they will never sell them to me seperately, ugg. You can buy them online too where they even sell petites! Try allheart.com

To get your coat size measure around your chest in inches underneath your armpits. I would suggest erring on the large size at first, as you would be better off with a large coat to start than one that you can't fit in. A lot of the taller guys end up ordering long coats after school starts because the sleeves are too short, and a lot of the girls end up special ordering xs.

Hey now, leave Wal Mart out of this.

I have a philosophy that if you can't get something at Wal Mart, then you don't need it.

And on that note, I'm obviously not going into medicine for the money. :D