White House pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

armytrainingsir

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Imagine how this would play out at a MEDCEN?

There’s a pharmacy in the White House — or, at least, there’s a sign that says “Pharmacy,” though the people in charge insist it isn’t one. Whatever they call it, the office has had enough internal complaints to warrant a government watchdog investigation.

And its findings were hardly encouraging:

• One former pharmacy staff member told investigators that a doctor once asked if the staffer could “hook up” someone with a controlled substance “as a parting gift for leaving the White House.”
  • The office dispensed controlled medications like Ambien and Provigil without verifying the patient’s identity.
  • It let people grab over-the-counter medicines from open bins.
  • And upwards of $640,000 in taxpayer funds were wasted in just three years, though that number is fuzzy, because so many records were poorly kept and even handwritten.

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds about on par with government mismanaging funds, waste, ethical concerns.

Reactions: 1 user
This was during The Former Guy’s Administration!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone with just an iota of concern for medical ethics and half a brain stays the hell away from the White House medical unit and the Office of the Attending Physician/Congress. There are some deep dark secrets in those halls. I’ve done some executive medicine consults and even brief looks behind the curtain are pretty scary.

I’m glad they are cleaning things up but I would give it a few more years. The current White House physician is a good dude (retired army COL).

Reactions: 1 users
Wow, sounds like a ship's pharmacy.

Here's the last guy we have to thank (now a Congressman). Why we thought it a good idea to take a bone-headed ER doc and put him in charge of essentially a Primary Care Clinic, is beyond me:

Good time Ronny Jackson…. We had some great times in Colombia……

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users