Who Accepts DO Transfers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J-ManMed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which allopathic schools accept DO transfers? I'm in a situation where I can only complete MD rotations, and my DO school won't approve them. I'm assuming an MD school would approve these rotations and now I'm looking at transferring. It's going to require a lot of leg work,so I'm turning to you for help, to see if any of you know which allopathic schools take osteopathic transfers.

Thanks for your help!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

J-ManMed said:
Does anyone know which allopathic schools accept DO transfers? I'm in a situation where I can only complete MD rotations, and my DO school won't approve them. I'm assuming an MD school would approve these rotations and now I'm looking at transferring. It's going to require a lot of leg work,so I'm turning to you for help, to see if any of you know which allopathic schools take osteopathic transfers.

Thanks for your help!!!!

Tulane and LSU.

Creighton or University of Nebraska. We had a kid transfer after our second year to one of those two. I think it would be difficult to transfer anytime after starting your third year though. I have heard of it being done but most do it before the start of rotations. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in a situation where I can only complete MD rotations, and my DO school won't approve them.

i don't quite understand this. you attend a DO school where you cannot complete rotations in the same city? seems kinda weird to me but maybe because i dont know your whole situation.

this question has come up on here a couple of times and for the most part, schools that accept transfers will accept them based on extreme circumstances (family member ill and you need to take care of them, family crisis, etc). anyway, i'm sure you have a valid reason to do this so good luck to you and i hope it works out well for you!

Dual Post-
Moderator please?

Status
Not open for further replies.