Who can give me some advices

Started by Dere
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dere

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I am an medical student from China. My undergraduate GPA is 3.0 (medical education is five-year undergraduate in China), GRE 1340+3.5. I dont know if it is appropriate to post the thread here but I really eager to know whether I am qualified to apply a Master's program of pathology in America.




Any advice will be helpful. 🙂
 
Hi everyone,
I am an medical student from China. My undergraduate GPA is 3.0 (medical education is five-year undergraduate in China), GRE 1340+3.5. I dont know if it is appropriate to post the thread here but I really eager to know whether I am qualified to apply a Master's program of pathology in America.




Any advice will be helpful. 🙂

Most of those posting in this forum are medical doctors which includes residents and practicing physicians. I don't know the answer to your question but I would think the GRE would be most important in your situation with research background being second most important. Call/email the programs which you are interested in and ask them. That is your best way to find out.
 
This is a board for the physician practice of pathology, which is very different from a graduate school program in pathology. Unfortunately they have the same name so it is confusing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One more question to ask. To be a pathology doctor, is it necessary to get a pathology PhD? Or i just need to pass the USMLE and match? I ask this just because i will graduate in 2012 and i dont know what to do next, review board exam at home or study in america and increase research background. Really confused 😕