Who do you miss the most from SDN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StartingoverVet

Flight Instructor for hire
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought it might be fun to reminisce about those people who used to be on SDN all the time, and now have disappeared into a black hole that is called real life (starting vet school, starting 2nd year, starting 3rd year, clinics, jobs, etc)....

So who do you miss?

From V16: First one that comes to mind for me recently is TigerWillow, especially because MrsSOV asks about her once in a while and I have nothing to say... and she was CHATTY!

From V15 ArmyMutt. Grumpy guys must stick together.
From V14 I miss chii chan. She was really nice and very helpful.
From V13 I kind of miss sumstorm. She was nice and controversial
From V12 I can't remember anyone :<
From V11: Electrophile was interesting (although I think I drove her away).

Members don't see this ad.

TigerWillow checked in a few days ago but disappeared just as quickly again. And I totally forgot about ArmyMutt! :laugh:

I miss Bisbee. She gave good advice and was all-around awesome.

Members don't see this ad :)
HopefulAg stopped by a few days ago but I miss his regular posts. That Princetondogmom chick was always good for a laugh.

Thought it might be fun to reminisce about those people who used to be on SDN all the time, and now have disappeared into a black hole that is called real life (starting vet school, starting 2nd year, starting 3rd year, clinics, jobs, etc)....

So who do you miss?

From V16: First one that comes to mind for me recently is TigerWillow, especially because MrsSOV asks about her once in a while and I have nothing to say... and she was CHATTY!

(I'm here!!!!barely!! Tell mrs sov that I miss her too :( )

Sumstorm and HopefulAg for sure!

I miss Eliegirl and sumstorm!

So who do you miss?

I'm friends with the phile on FB, she is keeping busy. Lots of dog training work (trials, schutzhund (sp?), that sort of thing).

I'm also friends with hopeful, but he's pretty quiet as it is. Ditto for david594 or whatever his numbers are.

I miss VAgirl, sheltergirl, cookiebear, razordoc... lailianni needs to post more but she pops in sometimes... pressmom, fargeese... and, omg, LVT2DVM - I really want an update there.

Man, I have a lot of SDN friends on FB - it's sinking in how many. I think I forget where I knew them from first, sometimes.

I miss sumstorm, bisbee and dsmoody. What happened to moody? Sunnex also doesnt post as often (that I've seen?) and I miss her too.

I wonder how bisbee is doing. She was awesome. Would love an update.

Flyhi too. Though she does appear occasionally.

I miss Bisbee too. She was so kind and always had helpful advice.

Members don't see this ad :)
What the heck happened to nordicat?

What the heck happened to nordicat?

I see her around school and hear stories from her big sib, who I sit by in class and hang out with. And she updates Facebook plenty! I'll tell her you miss her :p

I miss Ahmad Eldee USF.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

I miss the podiatry troll (can't remember his name right now....). Best troll EVER.

You guys are crazy if you miss the trolls. I suggest venturing near the lounge if you miss those users :laugh:

I miss electrophile and David the most, but hopeful and sumstorm are up there, too. Way back when I first joined there were a few people, too.

It's the nature of the board. It's very helpful to the people applying to schools but once you get to your goal, what then? Our community has grown immensely from when I first joined and we have a lot more "regulars" than we used to.

I also miss Alliecat - havent seen her around for a while.

Anyone know what happened to sumstorm? Wasn't she potentially taking a year off? NCSU'ers?

I also miss Alliecat - havent seen her around for a while.

Anyone know what happened to sumstorm? Wasn't she potentially taking a year off? NCSU'ers?

Yeah, I miss Alliecat, too. She and I always seemed at odds, but at least I felt like she had good info and was plain-spoken. Respected her thoughts, even when we weren't on the same page. :(

I miss Ahmad Eldee USF.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Don't let Emiloo hear you say that. She'll have to put her boxing gloves back on and become forum bully.

I miss flyhi :(

Yeah, I miss Alliecat, too. She and I always seemed at odds, but at least I felt like she had good info and was plain-spoken. Respected her thoughts, even when we weren't on the same page. :(

I'm also friends with alliecat on FB. She actually posted recently in the vet forum about housing at NCSU or something like that?

I miss VAgirl, sheltergirl,

I'm FB friends with those two. They're good.

Practically none of the people who were around when I first started posting here are still here. It was mostly a bunch of Pennwe's. :laugh:

I don't think Electrophile has been around much since she posted that thread being all butthurt about people changing their status to Vet Student before they started classes. :smuggrin:

I gotta admit, I miss bisbee a lot. Our SDN mom :love:. She was always around to cheer people up and was one of the first people I talked with here on SDN. Anyone know how she's doing? Same with nordi and LMMS as well, though I know LMMS has been on recently...

What? No one misses me? ;) I kind of dropped off after 2nd year in vet school.

I miss VAgirl. She was around a lot when I was real active around here.

What ever happened to scarecelyheard - from up in Canada? Did she make it into a vet school?

I miss VAgirl, sheltergirl, cookiebear, razordoc... lailianni needs to post more but she pops in sometimes... pressmom, fargeese... and, omg, LVT2DVM - I really want an update there.

What? No one misses me? ;) I kind of dropped off after 2nd year in vet school.

*ahem*

I miss VAgirl. She was around a lot when I was real active around here.

What ever happened to scarecelyheard - from up in Canada? Did she make it into a vet school?

Ummmmm....

I miss all of you guys since I'm never on SDN anymore :( I do pop on every couple days or so to see if there is anything I can quickly help with, but it seems you guys have everything under control ;)

Last edited:
I was going to say she changed her name and got less annoying but I didn't know if that'd be kosher.

oops i said it

oh did she really? i know her previous account is no more. Who is she now, lol? Though I have my suspicions.

PM me if you don't mind :p

I'm still around. I read more than post, these days. Kind of just on autopilot until UG finishes.

Also met a nice lady with a horse farm, so I've been spending a lot of time in the boonies, messing around with tractors.

But I definitely don't have a secret alter ego screen name.

I'm still around. I read more than post, these days. Kind of just on autopilot until UG finishes.

Also met a nice lady with a horse farm, so I've been spending a lot of time in the boonies, messing around with tractors.

But I definitely don't have a secret alter ego screen name.

Aw I'm so pleased to hear that :) You're one of my favourites :) Though I personally question the sanity of anyone with a horse farm :p

Hope you shred undergrad and we see you accepted soon :D

Aww...nice to be missed, controversy and all. I have been working a lot (pet training business), went through two lay offs with my husband with whom I am now separated and working on being friends (long time coming, related to his depression and unwillingness to seek help), and have a new awesome guy in my life (a photographer/journalist). We've been traveling as much as possible for his work. I've also been helping my elderly grandmother with her health problems and visiting my best friend as often as possible while she is battling breast cancer. I have 6 more months of vet school to complete; I never took time off (thought about it, but I wouldn't have gone back.) I still hate vet school; the clinical year is both the best and the worst of vet school. I love externships in private practice; my heart sings after a few days of working with normal clients and realistic DVMs. So I plan to start working rather than doing an internship. Studying for the NAVLE, which I take in 1 week. As far as I know, Army Mutt is doing fine, he's on FB regularly. I will miss Allie's visit by one day! :-( I am also considering obtaining an MPH. So lots of fun! I suffered a major boute of burn out and depression with everything happening, but Instill float in from time to time.

Aww...nice to be missed, controversy and all. I have been working a lot (pet training business), went through two lay offs with my husband with whom I am now separated and working on being friends (long time coming, related to his depression and unwillingness to seek help), and have a new awesome guy in my life (a photographer/journalist). We've been traveling as much as possible for his work. I've also been helping my elderly grandmother with her health problems and visiting my best friend as often as possible while she is battling breast cancer. I have 6 more months of vet school to complete; I never took time off (thought about it, but I wouldn't have gone back.) I still hate vet school; the clinical year is both the best and the worst of vet school. I love externships in private practice; my heart sings after a few days of working with normal clients and realistic DVMs. So I plan to start working rather than doing an internship. Studying for the NAVLE, which I take in 1 week. As far as I know, Army Mutt is doing fine, he's on FB regularly. I will miss Allie's visit by one day! :-( I am also considering obtaining an MPH. So lots of fun! I suffered a major boute of burn out and depression with everything happening, but Instill float in from time to time.

Hope things start going better for you. Good luck on the NAVLE (I'm sure you've got it).

Thanks for the update! Good luck on the NAVLE!

The NAVLE isn't as bad as you think it'll be. I know people say that, but it's true. After you take it you feel like you've gotten hit by a bus carrying a ton of anvils. Not going to lie. Take a day off and rest up if you can. But odds are that if you've been moderately awake the last 3.5 years you'll pass it.

Chin up - I hated (understatement) 4th year and I know what it's like. Trust me. I know it's hard in a way that people can't even begin to comprehend. (Not to scare people: it doesn't totally suck for everyone, but it sure was not very well compatible with me personally and what I had going on in my life. Other people thought it was the bee's knees.)

Just a few more months. If you need anyone to rant to, feel free to contact me. Exactly one year ago I was in your shoes. It gets much, much better when you get out :)

Also - last year the boards scores were available online 1/12. (If you take them through a state that posts online).

Last edited:

Great to hear from you, Sumstorm! Sorry about the shiz you've been going through, but nice to know you've found love again.

Hang in there, you're almost done!