who else here is completely burnt out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inside_edition

Waitlisted Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone with me on this? or am i the only one completely burnt out?

Members don't see this ad.

i hear you man.. having alot of trouble focusing today.. couldnt get through ps section of kaplan full length 5 today. this is not good..

i am definately at the point where i just want to get this stupid thing over with. I am definately having a hard to time to study much more material. I havde already put in hundreds of hours and i think it is time to get it over with. Just stick with it and visualize how good it is going to feel the night of august 19th

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in complete burn out agreement. I can barely stick to my EK 10 week schedule. I still haven't completed topics (like O Chem) from last week. It is so hard to be motivated right now, but I am glad to hear I am not the only one.

luckycharms08 said:
extremely burnt out.

i feel your pain...i just want it over with at this point. just imagine how good it will feel to walk out of that test center on Aug. 19. it will be like getting out of prison...

hang in there. it will all be over soon.

good luck to all.

~later.

dctrgreen said:
i feel your pain...i just want it over with at this point. just imagine how good it will feel to walk out of that test center on Aug. 19. it will be like getting out of prison...

hang in there. it will all be over soon.

good luck to all.

~later.

exactly, and let me tell you, that's the best feeling ever. i too can no longer concentrate on the material. all the formulas are blurring together... i am going to stop for 1.5 days entirely, then resume. :sleep:

I'm with you guys. This weekend things just boiled over and I couldn't take it anymore. I have to to a break, and by break I mean start studying for my orgo final next week.... :scared:

I think my main problem is that I have spent so much damn time on the material. I am a retaker from april, so I have been studying for maybe 5-6 months now. I cant stand to even look at material anymore, I just want the thing done with. Honestly though, I doubt I can learn anymore between now and the 19th.( the only thing is maybe I can get rid of some of the careless mistakes) Good Luck everyone, I too feel your pain.

gotta keep pushing guys/girls ......you can worry about being burned out Aug 20 or 21( for sunday testers) but for now ....come on. A wise man taking the MCAT once said people give 7/8 of the effort needed for a good score on the MCAT and get a mediochore score....then give the last 1/8 on the second try and get the score they wanted. Dont put yourselves through this again (speaking from experience). 100% performance = 110% effort

doc G said:
gotta keep pushing guys/girls ......you can worry about being burned out Aug 20 or 21( for sunday testers) but for now ....come on. A wise man taking the MCAT once said people give 7/8 of the effort needed for a good score on the MCAT and get a mediochore score....then give the last 1/8 on the second try and get the score they wanted. Dont put yourselves through this again (speaking from experience). 100% performance = 110% effort

Thanks for the encouragement! I really need it at this point!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am sOO there (=burnt out). my neck is in perpetual pain, i think it's a bit tense. I just took kaplan FL today and dropped 4 points from my normal!!! (31-->27). he......e...ll........p.......

I am really getting burnt out too. Especially after grading AAMC 7 VR and getting a freakin 7!!! :mad:

I have been going non-stop for so long... didn't get any breaks this summer and I am going to work full-time right after my MCAT

I love the cheerleaders... it's sweet.

Hey, in two weeks it will be back to the norm! I wish school didn't resume for me the Monday following the MCAT. It would have been nice to had some sort of summer break. Ah well. That's what the month between graduating medical school & internship is for, right? :oops:

mshheaddoc said:
Stick with it guys! :luck: You're almost done!!! :clap:

thank you!! that's very sweet! :thumbup: sometimes i feel as though i'm going to burst into tears though--it's weird...

Definitely tired here. Took 7 yesterday and I'm so glad I went over the solutions that night because I'm too tired today. I had to get some stuff sorted out today (transcripts) and now I'm at my friend's place. No studying today! :)

Pufferfish, what is that in your avatar? It kind of scares me. ;)

inside_edition said:
anyone with me on this? or am i the only one completely burnt out?

Yeah, equations I used to know cold are now being blurred together....the problem I am having right now is I am spending all of my time on my weaknesses and forgetting to review other things to keep them fresh. So much for my alleged schedule which devoted equal time to each.

WilliamsF1 said:
Definitely tired here. Took 7 yesterday and I'm so glad I went over the solutions that night because I'm too tired today. I had to get some stuff sorted out today (transcripts) and now I'm at my friend's place. No studying today! :)

Pufferfish, what is that in your avatar? It kind of scares me. ;)

i'm not sure, it's like some pimp fishing hooking up two hoodlums in the sea of singles, not quite sure why i picked that or the screen-name...first thing that came to mind. :cool:

Me me me...burned out is me....

that's why I spend so much time lurking on SDN....gotta stop...now....

I hate waking up these days knowing that crap load of junk waiting on my desk!

I am super burned out.

i've been sick for hte past 2 weeks, extermely burnt out, have headaches... and ugh. not good.
neways, went to watch that will ferrel movie yesterday.. pretty funny. cooled me down for at least 3 hrsi was out for. def suggest the movie ;)