undergrad 2.5 overall, 2.5 science MCAT 20 and O
Solano Comm College, Univ of San Francisco, Univ of Hawaii, Indiana U (Bloomington), Univ of Maryland (College Park), Univ of Illinois (Urbana)
no degree, just want the MD, probably from Sint Eustatius. I really like the people I have had the pleasure of talking to there, and there program seems to be pretty good. They have a good clinical program, and 99.9% of thier students get residency, very good. They help their students, I do not see them thwarting students' progress.
There are a lot of good folks, American and Canadian, who come to the carib for med school. Some may not be able to do it, but that does not make them bad people, just maybe now is not their time. Who knows what will happen for them later. And then, there are a lot of students who find a way, get to the US, and then become decent to very good docs. Screw the US students and docs who look down upon a foreign med school grad; they can take that attitude and shove it! There are a lot of very good docs all over the planet; the US is not the only source of doctors in the world. Who the hell are they to look down on anyone? The good docs and people know this. This is why we are all aware that the only ones who look down on others are the ones who suck in the first place. If you are good, you are too busy climbing to be looking down on anyone. Getting to your goal is up to the individual more than the school for the most part, but the strong schools certainly have some advantages that the weakers ones don't. But, time may change these things. You may want to look at AUC, SGU, Ross and SABA, then maybe AUA, MUA or Sint Eustatius, after that forget it! I would not look at the other schools becuase you are taking a huge risk. Some very good folks have gone to other schools and are doing fine, but they are taking a huge risk. I'm telling you that some of these carib med schools are horrible, absolutely horrible. You must be careful. This is a very serious decision. Do not take it lightly. If you can go to a US med school, then by all means, do it. Do not go the carib route, unless it is a last resort. In fact, you may want to consider med schools in Europe before the carib. Be careful. Be careful. Now, others will disagree, but that is my opinion. We simply have a difference of opinions. That is what I like about this forum versus valuemcrap. You can pretty much voice your opinion here, without to much aggrevation. I think you will find the folks on this forum very intelligent, experienced, passionate, trustworthy and helpful. Anyway, I'm sure you will be successful where ever you go. Best wishes!🙂