Who got accepted taking all pre-reqs at a CC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nikkivale

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recieved a BA about 3 years ago in Poli Sci and I work full time so its easier to take classes at a CC.
Any students get accepted with all CC credts?
Which schools?
Did any have a problem with it or not accept them?

I'm especially interested in going to schools like NOVA, PCO and SCO

Members don't see this ad.

I recieved a BA about 3 years ago in Poli Sci and I work full time so its easier to take classes at a CC.
Any students get accepted with all CC credts?
Which schools?
Did any have a problem with it or not accept them?

I'm especially interested in going to schools like NOVA, PCO and SCO

I'm currently a 2nd year optometry student at UMSL. I had earned my BSci in mathematics about 12 years prior to applying. I took pretty much all the biology, chemistry and physics pre-reqs at a community college, and I didn't have any problems being accepted at SCO and UMSL (the only schools I applied to).

So, to answer your question: it can be done.
rkl_OD2be

Science is science, whether at a CC or university. Just do well at it. You do already have a bachelors degree, showing that you know how to learn and finisht what you started. Good luck. I know that didnt answer your question however ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I also took many of my pre-reqs at a CC. Since you are a returning student, schools are often more understanding of why you are taking classes at a CC. It is really important for you to get good grades in these classes and, more importantly, get good scores on the OAT. If you do well on the OAT, they really can't doubt your intelligence or education. They may still give you a hard time about it in the interview, but just explain to them why you were taking classes there. I know many people look down on CC, but in my experience, they were GREAT! The teachers were more willing to spend time to help and get to know you, which is great for good letters of recommendation. In addition, I am in much less debt than many of my classmates, and it allowed me to go to school closer to home and spend time with a sick parent. I am a 3rd year at UMSL and only applied to UMSL, but I don't think that I would have had a hard time getting into other schools. Good luck!

Completed almost all prerequsities at a junior college and then spent 2 summers at state college to make 3 years of college. Accepted without a bachelor's degree