Who got in without being active outside?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flack Pinku

U lookin at my glasses??
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you got into Med School based just on your GPA and MCAT, and you believe you had nothing else to offer but those two, please post here.

That means if you weren't involved in anything outside studies, but you got in based on just interviewing nicely and having a great GPA and MCAT. This means no research, no volunteer work, no clinical work, and no working to support yourself, etc.

I bet there are some out there, perhaps in hiding, so PLEASE contribute to the statistic. :)

What do you think was your plus point? How did you "make up" for your lack of extracurricular activities?

My point in asking this is because I still believe there are *MANY* students who have a great MCAT and GPA, along with a nice and likeable personality (interview) who have a great chance of getting in.

Thanks a lot for contributing!

Members don't see this ad.

Well actually, I have a buddy who went to Northwestern for undergrad and graduated last year. I think he had a decent GPA, and he got a whopping 38 on his MCAT, however he didn't get in anywhere. Why you ask? He had no clinical experience at all. He's in the process of adding outside experiences to his application before he reapplies.

Originally posted by ForceField
Well actually, I have a buddy who went to Northwestern for undergrad and graduated last year. I think he had a decent GPA, and he got a whopping 38 on his MCAT, however he didn't get in anywhere. Why you ask? He had no clinical experience at all. He's in the process of adding outside experiences to his application before he reapplies.

Yeah, my cousin had the same problem. Respectable score on the MCAT, decent grades, but his lack of ECs showed a lack of committment to being a doctor (at least in an adcom's mind), because he had no ECs that reflected an interest in medicine...He ended up getting a job and then going to B-School later...

-RA