Who is desperately trying to avoid missing an interview because of the impending snowstorm?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mordac21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Me

Members don't see this ad.

Where's your interview/ you flying in on saturday or something? I'm currently located in the DC metro area and preparing to remain at home basically the entire weekend considering how useless the snow clearing systems will be. At least I'll have some time to prep for my (probably) last interview next week.

Well, it's kind of a long story. But basically I've planned a long string of flight/interview hopping for the next few days, which is going to be completely messed up if one of my flights gets cancelled.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmph. if any of your flights require landing in any of the DC airports or BWI or even Philadelhia airports between Friday 6-7pm to Saturday night things might be tricky no? Have you spoken to the airlines?

I'm at the airport right now. Talked to reps at the service desks, and have been on hold with the airline for the past 40 minutes. Things are not looking good.

Best of luck man. If nothing works out I'm sure you'll try and speak to the school for a reschedule tomorrow. Hope you can work around it.

Showed up at the front door of the admissions office, and immediately got a call that the interview was cancelled. whyyyyyyyyyy

Reactions: 2 users
Showed up at the front door of the admissions office, and immediately got a call that the interview was cancelled. whyyyyyyyyyy
Ouch. So sorry for you. I wonder if they would just make an exception if you traveled a distance, and find someone around who could interview you.

A lot of schools in the mid-Atlantic area are closed today....it's out of their hands to an extent.

Safe travels.

I'm hoping against hope that my interview late next week doesn't end up with any issues, though it's on the east coast, and I'm worried!

I remember having a residency interview either at Hopkins or UM (forget which) shortly after a noreastern a way back when. Holy crap. DC is usually ok with with how they deal with snow (local drivers excluded). Baltimore's solution just seemed to be "just leave it there. it'll melt in a few months."

Reactions: 1 users
I have a job interview for something very important. I don't think I'll be able to make it.

On my way to an interview in Michigan I had my flight out of Chicago cancelled 5 times haha. I ended up needing to fly out at 6am the day of my interview. missed the first 1/2 of the interview day, but interviewed as scheduled in the afternoon. whew it was definitely an adventure.

On my way to an interview in Michigan I had my flight out of Chicago cancelled 5 times haha. I ended up needing to fly out at 6am the day of my interview. missed the first 1/2 of the interview day, but interviewed as scheduled in the afternoon. whew it was definitely an adventure.
A flight in the winter?
Good luck

Fly to Michigan from Chicago... why you can always take I-94?
firery-crash-on-i-94-closes-interstate-8e58f5c5bcd124b2.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Is that truck hauling fireworks!?

Reactions: 1 users
If you're not willing to risk bodily harm for a shot at getting into medical school, maybe this is the wrong profession for you. /s

I'm not. I'm chilling with acceptances. I went through that last year and never again thankfully.