who is reading THIS forum?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snowinter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi-- I'm a bit frustrated because I can never really get answers or guidance to questions about
1. residency programs
2. issues related to applying timeline etc.
I notice many posts go unanswered unless there is a controversy in the topic.

So, I wanted to create a poll to see just who is out there reading this forum?
If we find that it is mainly medical students who have time and energy for this forum -- maybe we can encourage our residents to peak in every once in a while. SDN can be a great place to advertise to recruit future top notch obgyns into your particular program.

So here is the poll are you:

1. Medical Student (M3/M4)
2. Resident
3. Resident but too busy to post
4. physician in private practice
5. Other (family of Med student, resident, obgyn, mom etc)

thanks! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Members don't see this ad.

I am reading this forum. I am a 4th year med student at an allopathic program entering this year's match for OB/Gyn. I would love to see more involvement on this forum!

Im going to be an M1 in a couple of weeks, and plan on going into surgery. Eh, well, just thought Id stop by and give you some love. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a twelve year old boy planning on entering junior high in the fall!

DrBuzzLightYear said:
I'm a twelve year old boy planning on entering junior high in the fall!

DrBuzzLightYear -- yes we always suspected that :p so click on "other" on the poll ;)

btw, did everything work out for your conference? Did ya end up making your resume with or without board scores for it?

take care!
snow

Hi all,
I'm a fourth year MD student in Cleveland, planning to apply for OB/Gyn this fall. Just starting up the ERAS process now actually. Once interview season starts, it would be great if we could use this forum to compare notes, give travel advice, etc. I hope everyone is having better luck figuring out externships and what not - that seems to be a source of frustration. It would be great to have feedback on programs based on fourth year electives too. Thanks for starting this thread!
L

#3 - Resident too busy to post.. PGY-1

I work, I come home and sleep, then I go to work again, repeat... about once every couple months I take a peek at SDN. Sorry I'm not of more use.

hi! i visit this thread often...

i finished med school :thumbup: , took time off exploring public/women's health :laugh: , will be applying for match this fall :eek: .

PGY1, too busy to post!!! Have been on L&D, having a blast, delivering like crazy and enjoying the newfound sensation that you are *supposed* to do all the deliveries and C-Sections :) Also savoring the sweet, sweet sound of "DOCTOR NYC Girl". though most of the time I'm still too chicken to actually say it...

Good luck to all the applicants this year! It's totally worth it - I love every minute, and OB/Gyn is still a great field if you find a supportive program, and really love working with women and families.

Hi everyone... I'm an M4, working on my ERAS... applying for ObGyn! I'm from TN but hoping to get the heck out of the south. I love it here, but its just time for a change :oops: Hopefully I'll meet some of you on the interview trail and we can share our experiences on the forum! :D

And NYC Girl... you seem to love your program... which program are you in exactly?

I'm reading this forum and I am an MS4 applying for OB/Gynee.

I also like romantic movies and long walks on the beach at sunset!

I am a MSIII thinking of applying for OB/GYN in 2007.

I'm an M4 planning (hoping) on going into OB/GYN next year.

PGY1 - Resident but sometimes too busy to respond as quickly as I would like.

PGY1 at a small program in the midwest...and loving it. Its often difficult to find time to respond but would be happy to answer any questions or inquiries about the some of the midwest programs. Haven't responded a bunch but definitely check in from time to time to see what the issues are and where people are thinking about applying/interviewing.

PGY 1 in Orlando Florida
Read when I can just don't post much anymore, time is much more valuable once you are out of med school.

Anyone out there applying to Orlando Regional Arnold Palmer Hospital?
Superb program, you should give us a look!!

recently graduated, applying for pgy1.

I'm reading the residency and OB/GYN forums. I'm an OTA MS 4, applying for OB this year. Very nervous. :)

Hi! I'm brand new to the forum. I'm a MS3 interested in OB/GYN. I am interested in the Orlando program, would love to hear any information you've got.

I've been on SDN a long time, but I haven't posted in forever. I've started getting interview offers, so I figured I could use some advice. I'm a DO student (MS4 at AZCOM) applying for ob/gyn. Trying my best to stay out west :)