-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
who is STILL waiting for interview?
Started by youngjock
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Youngjock,
I too applied to PCOM several months ago (my secondary was complete by the end of september.) I interviewed just last week. Call them and ask about your status. I told them I had been accepted to UNECOM but would like to know whether i would be interviewed at PCOM and they invited me a week later.
Best of luck.
Neel
I too applied to PCOM several months ago (my secondary was complete by the end of september.) I interviewed just last week. Call them and ask about your status. I told them I had been accepted to UNECOM but would like to know whether i would be interviewed at PCOM and they invited me a week later.
Best of luck.
Neel
I called PCOM today and the lady who answered the phone was rude and sounded like she was too busy to even listen to what I had to say......I asked about my status and told her that I was accepted to UNECOM and that I was interested in hearing from PCOM, etc... and she told me to leave a deposit at the other school and that I have until March/April to hear from PCOM. She also mentioned this "If your file has been complete since early November, your file has been reviewed several times. It will be reviewed again until March/April." PCOM is a great school, but some of their office staff are rude while others are really nice. Guess it depends on who you get on the phone.
As for UMDNJ-SOM, Jennifer @ Admissions has been really nice and patient with me for the last few weeks (AACOMAS didn't send them my updated grades/profile, so I was very upset). She actually took the time to get my file! She said that it is awaiting review, but has not been reviewed yet. I would hear something anytime until mid-March.
Hope anyone else who tried to call had better luck than me!
As for UMDNJ-SOM, Jennifer @ Admissions has been really nice and patient with me for the last few weeks (AACOMAS didn't send them my updated grades/profile, so I was very upset). She actually took the time to get my file! She said that it is awaiting review, but has not been reviewed yet. I would hear something anytime until mid-March.
Hope anyone else who tried to call had better luck than me!
I don't want to start a fight but, actually, PCOM is more than 1 main building. It has a very new building that houses the library, computer labs, OMM lab, administration, etc. However the connected older building has 6 floors of classrooms and labs. Coupled with the Student Activities Center, its a pretty decent size place. Its not bigger than Penn of Jeff, but they're also part of undergrad institutions. That's just my two cents.
Mohammed,
I am sorry to hear about your phone call. I called in december and was told that they had the intention of scheduling me in soon, so i paid the deposit to UNECOM like she suggested and was interviewed last week. The interview was great, in fact i thought better than my UNECOM interview. They are going to let me know at the end of this month. It is hard choice between UNECOM and PCOM. The campus seems more attractive and i like the smaller student body at UNECOM, but the hospital affiliations at PCOM are better than UNECOM from what I can see.
Best of luck to all.
Neel
I am sorry to hear about your phone call. I called in december and was told that they had the intention of scheduling me in soon, so i paid the deposit to UNECOM like she suggested and was interviewed last week. The interview was great, in fact i thought better than my UNECOM interview. They are going to let me know at the end of this month. It is hard choice between UNECOM and PCOM. The campus seems more attractive and i like the smaller student body at UNECOM, but the hospital affiliations at PCOM are better than UNECOM from what I can see.
Best of luck to all.
Neel
Well, I left my UNECOM deposit on Jan. 29th and I guess I'll just wait patiently for the last 2 schools. At least, I know I'll be going somewhere in the fall. I just wanted someplace closer to home since UNECOM is about 4.5 hrs away, but it's a good school and I can get used to it.
Patience is a virtue...
Patience is a virtue...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hello, nmehta, are you a black?
i think that meharry is an all black college?
i think that meharry is an all black college?
Originally posted by nmehta:
cjkalmat,
I am not sure what I am doing yet...I am still awaiting decisions from Tufts, UCONN, and PCOM. I have paid the $500 to hold my spot at Meharry.
Neel
No, I am not "black." I am Indian. Far from being an underrepresented minority in the field of medicine.
However, you bring up an important point which is one of the biggest misconceptions of Meharry. It is not a "black" school, but rather a school that has been designed to help train the health care professionals needed for underserved populations. This is their mission, and they look for this in your application. I have a degree in public health, and have spent many summers doing public health research. I am also currently employed at a non-profit Hispanic community health organization in Hartford, CT. I honestly feel this is the major reason why Meharry was interested in me. If you feel that you are interested in helping the underserved, i strongly recommend Meharry, and put forth your best effort to convey that to the adcomm.
Regards,
Neel
However, you bring up an important point which is one of the biggest misconceptions of Meharry. It is not a "black" school, but rather a school that has been designed to help train the health care professionals needed for underserved populations. This is their mission, and they look for this in your application. I have a degree in public health, and have spent many summers doing public health research. I am also currently employed at a non-profit Hispanic community health organization in Hartford, CT. I honestly feel this is the major reason why Meharry was interested in me. If you feel that you are interested in helping the underserved, i strongly recommend Meharry, and put forth your best effort to convey that to the adcomm.
Regards,
Neel