Who is tired of seeing MD vs. DO topics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sliceOheaven

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who is tired of seeing MD vs. DO topics? I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who is tired of seeing threads dealing with "MD vs. DO", or any other derivation, popping of every few days.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with the above poster. You do not need to justify anything if you believe in the philosophy.

I'm tired of it, but that seems to be an important step for many wouldbe DO students. It's the Osteopathic Physicians that continuously stamp their feet and assert the differences between MD and DO that really irk me. To me, it's reminiscent of the kid with the ancient ten speed that continuously claimed that it was far superior to the new mountain bikes. It's not better and in most ways if you are the same road it's exactly the same. Personally, I think the argument is old and tired, but this might be an individualized response to this topic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't this topic sort of one??? :wink:

I dunno, it kind of has a "Godzilla vs. Mothra" sort of appeal?!?

There's nothing wrong with it,that's what these forums are for in the first place. For those of us who are getting tired of it, that's probably because we're spending too much time hanging out here!

i would like to think that we have more to discuss than this same topic over and over and over!!! Maybe something medically related :)

I agree with a lot of you.. I do tire of these discussions, but to me, part of the reason why they still exist IS the differences, both real and perceived, between MD and DO and a lot of people come to SDN wanting to learn more about our profession and see if it is right for them or not. If SDN were not here, perhaps they would be able to find their information from another source, but I think SDN is a great forum for people to ask questions. I certainly have learned more from SDN than I would at any one internet site about the osteopathic profession, the different schools, and what lies ahead for DO students. I like to think that by us spending too much time on SDN.. we are sort of giving back to the site and helping out the profession in our own little way. :)

Remember that every year, there is a new set of students applying to medical school. The same question is being asked, over and over again, by different newbies...... Don't bash our fellow future classmates & counterparts.... educate them.... And if they're infinitely ignorant, then just ignore them...

Mike

this is like getting in a heated debate over which kind of toilet paper scrapes the most **** off you ass. Or like which kind of chewing tobacco gives you the most spit. Or which SDN memeber has the most idiotic, silly, or ******ed posts (I would like to nominate myself). How about whick kind of laxative fixes your constipation the best(I can answer this one).