Who is waiting on parental info for FAFSA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neurodelic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like it's getting late for scholarship opportunities and I haven't submitted my FAFSA yet. The only reason is that my parents haven't completed their 2013 IRS tax return, so I don't have their information yet. Is anyone else dealing with a situation like this?

Members don't see this ad.

Happened to me every year. Chill.

From what I understand, you don't have to have completed the 2013 return yet. If you read the FAFSA directions carefully, you are allowed to provide 2012 or an estimated 2013 income information; submit; then update the info later.

But if it helps, I'm still waiting on my parents to provide all their info; my mom claims she doesn't have all her forms yet to even give me an estimate.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it makes too much of a difference, as long as you get it in before the deadline. I've been in the same situation going on three years now. AND, I didn't notice the option to "upload documents" on the FAP application and SENT THEM IN BY MAIL like it was 1995 :smack:. Now I'll most likely be waiting a couple of weeks before I can register for the MCAT.

will our fafsa be considered for the March 2 priority deadline even if we submit it with estimated numbers for now?

Yeah my mom said she's just gonna do her taxes at the same time as she fills out the parental info but seeing as the deadline is Friday at midnight I'm getting a little concerned. Trying not to be pushy but come onnn mommmmm!

Is March 2 the financial aid priority deadline for all schools or is it different for each school?

I'm so glad other people are in this situation. I was getting really worried about this.

I just went ahead and used the 2012 estimation.

I'm so glad other people are in this situation. I was getting really worried about this.

I just went ahead and used the 2012 estimation.
Did this as well, submitted a little while ago.

Just submitted all my parents tax info. I had to hassle them numerous times