Who loves O-chem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zbruinz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a midterm next Monday.

Pray for me? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

As long as you pray for me and my final on Monday?

"This too shall pass..."

Members don't see this ad :)
Of all the chemistry classes I have taken (I am a chemistry major) I enjoyed organic the most by far. It might have been my prof though, he was a bad ass.

Organic Chemistry is voodoo witchcraft. Sacrificing a chicken at midnight is the *real* Diels-Alder mechanism.

I liked it a lot. I don't remember anything. But I enjoyed it.

I like it as much as chick on chick action.

I enjoyed Organic 1 this semester more than General Chem. Not to say it was easy because it def wasnt but I enjoyed it. Just finished my final exam yesterday, whew!

Organic gave me 3-D imagination. I used to use the balls and sticks, which were permitted on the tests, to find enantiomers and other organic thingies. By the end, I could rotate, shift and move objects in my mind so much better. Made masturbation a lot more interesting.

ROFL, nice touch with the use of rotation.

I do like Organic Chem though, my professor rocked.

Organic gave me 3-D imagination. I used to use the balls and sticks, which were permitted on the tests, to find enantiomers and other organic thingies. By the end, I could rotate, shift and move objects in my mind so much better. Made masturbation a lot more interesting.

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm curious... is calling it "orgo" or "ochem" a regional thing? i've only known west-coasters who say ochem and east-coasters who say orgo.

orgo doesnt make sense... the last o?

ochem is where it is at, however ;) (i had sweet teachers, i know others who took it at ucsd from other teachers who hated it)

I loved orgo. I don't know if I was just easy compared to biochem that same semester, or the great prof, but it was my favorite class.

Biochem is wayyy better

If you actually like thinking and developing problem-solving ability, o-chem is better.

Biochem fans are the people who think memorizing without understanding the mechanism is going to get them places.

i love it, i love orgo so much i want to help my prof out and lecture it lol :love:

zbruinz, i have the same midterm. hahaha i have a feeling hardinger is gonna pwn us.

anyways good luck!!:luck:

ummm yea. i just crammed about 50 mechanisms into my brain and twice as many reactions in 14 hours straight more or less, slept 5, and then did 6 more hrs all for one freakin' exam.
Piece of advice - do not do this unless you're nuts or well, you'll end up nuts :rolleyes:

Please don't talk to me about liking orgo or I'll vomit.

i guess i like ochem since i do it to make a living.

i'm curious... is calling it "orgo" or "ochem" a regional thing? i've only known west-coasters who say ochem and east-coasters who say orgo.

orgo...east coast

what is up with east coast people, I don't get it. "orgo" ?

You say "gen chem" right? Would you call that "genero"?

we say orgo because every other science course many of us take ends in 'o' (bio, physio, immuno, micro, yada yada)

we say orgo because every other science course many of us take ends in 'o' (bio, physio, immuno, micro, yada yada)

yes because we say gen chemo, anato, analytico, physico, geneto, calculo, stato, diffo equato, physico chemo, quanto mecho, inorgo, moleculo...

Do I have to go on?

O-chem.

wow, i had no idea people were so divided on ochem vs. orgo.

by the way, i am a firm supporter of ochem. orgo sounds ******ed.

gchem, ochem, ichem, pchem

wow, i had no idea people were so divided on ochem vs. orgo.

by the way, i am a firm supporter of ochem. orgo sounds ******ed.

gchem, ochem, ichem, pchem

gen chem, orgo, pchem, biochem, statmech

yes because we say gen chemo, anato, analytico, physico, geneto, calculo, stato, diffo equato, physico chemo, quanto mecho, inorgo, moleculo...

Do I have to go on?

O-chem.

Well moleculo/geneto is all under "bio" for us. As for the rest, few if not any pre-meds at my school take, except gen chem and calc of course.:D

We say ochem here. (East Coast). I call it orgasmic chemistry....but don't we all share that feeling?

Organic Chemistry, how about that? :)

Yeah, and that took you like what? 2 seconds to say? Some of us have places to go my friend, we don't have a lifetime to waste on two words

I'd be happy to call O-chem/Orgo 'the OC'...

"My class in the OC is so hard"

"I hate the OC"

"I wish the OC wasn't so conceptual"

Orgo was the science class I had the most difficulty with and the one I liked the most.

I have no idea what this o-chem is that these kids speak of...bah!!!