Who puts the 'shopback' away at your store?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Charcoales

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aka things customers leave on your counter. The store managers say they dont got time, somehow they think the overnight pharmacy crew should to do it, I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry or rage, already leaving ~80-100 to fill for morning crew daily... not sure what they want us to do except stay late (aka work for free) wondering the aisles to find where the random XYZ thingy goes...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Front store items definitely front store thing. Most ridiculous......

Reactions: 1 users
My store does very low volume. I could give it to the front store to put back but it's only like five items max so I have my tech do it once it dies at night. Takes all of five minutes

Members don't see this ad :)
LoL the fact that you posted this shows that you're a pushover. The front store wouldn't dare ask us to do their work. Don't be a doormat.

Reactions: 1 user
LoL the fact that you posted this shows that you're a pushover. The front store wouldn't dare ask us to do their work. Don't be a doormat.
Ok but how do I get them do it if they refuse? Seem pretty but it's just way 100% more efficient if they do it cause they know where things are >_<

Ok but how do I get them do it if they refuse? Seem pretty but it's just way 100% more efficient if they do it cause they know where things are >_<
take the basket up to the front registers around midnight. Tell the cashier you changed your mind on these items. done.

Put everything outside the pharmacy, it'll magically disappear

Reactions: 4 users
Aka things customers leave on your counter. The store managers say they dont got time, somehow they think the overnight pharmacy crew should to do it, I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry or rage, already leaving ~80-100 to fill for morning crew daily... not sure what they want us to do except stay late (aka work for free) wondering the aisles to find where the random XYZ thingy goes...
On a Sunday, if we are slow. We will put items that are left back at the pharmacy on the shelves. But those are usually med related and close to the pharmacy. Personally, I don't allow customers to just leave a bunch of **** on the counter. If you don't afford it, don't pick it up. If people are buying alot of items and there are a line (which there usually is) I instruct them to buy it at the front. All of which reduces shop backs.

When I started as an overnight pharmacist I bet my pharmacy had 50-100 items to put back. I literally just put it all in shopping carts and told the front store asst manager that these were behind the pharmacy for some reason and could he put them back please. He did. After that I never had more than 5-10 items in a night and I just put them back myself. The level of drama people create over the smallest things is incredible to me.

Also are you really saying you have 80-100 to fill overnight and you think that is too many? Sounds to me like you should be thankful you still have a job.

Reactions: 3 users
When I started as an overnight pharmacist I bet my pharmacy had 50-100 items to put back. I literally just put it all in shopping carts and told the front store asst manager that these were behind the pharmacy for some reason and could he put them back please. He did. After that I never had more than 5-10 items in a night and I just put them back myself. The level of drama people create over the smallest things is incredible to me.

Also are you really saying you have 80-100 to fill overnight and you think that is too many? Sounds to me like you should be thankful you still have a job.
I wish! 80-100 is still on the table by morning, another 60-70 to review when the am rph walks in and gives me the stink eye lol >_<

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah if the front end refuses to do the put backs I would throw them in a basket and put it in the back room.
Back during the shortage years overnight rph also worked as front end supervisor on some nights. If they needed a void they would call on me to run up there.