who would you hire?

Started by DAW2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DAW2

Professional Pill Repackager
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same school, same year. both going for retail. no residencies. both female. all other things equal i guess. one has had 3-4 retail jobs in 10 years. reasons for leaving was better hours or pharmacy closed...
other has had 1 retail job in 10 years. does one look better than the other? on paper anyway...


guess its loyalty vs seen more/experience?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same school, same year. both going for retail. no residencies. both female. all other things equal i guess. one has had 3-4 retail jobs in 10 years. reasons for leaving was better hours or pharmacy closed...
other has had 1 retail job in 10 years. does one look better than the other? on paper anyway...


guess its loyalty vs seen more/experience?


Which one is hotter?
 
which one is more likely to have babies?!!


Wow, I can't believe someone else has the guts to say it.

I hope that, when it comes time for my wife to apply to big law firms, her being able to say "Hey, I've had a tubal ligation, no kids for me" will be a boon. The company won't need to worry about losing their employee for X many months.

On topic: The 1 job/10 years looks better on paper.
 
I would hire the 3-4/ 10 yrs. She would probably be more flexible and adaptive to the new environment.
 
Which one is hotter?

This is my first measure.....do I enjoy looking at her. It makes my day better when I am around pretty. 🙂

The next thing is the baby issue. I need someone that will work and not have alot of "family" issues.

Then, I would like to see which one can actually enter Rxs correctly and fill them for me to check.
 
3-4 jobs over 10 years is not experience. Either they have been asked to leave or are flighty. Take the 1 job/10y person anyday

eh who cares, most people dont stay at jobs forever. this isnt the 60s. this is 2010 where most people spend a couple of years and roll out.
 
this was an advice of my old manager....


you DON'T hire attractive colleagues...
nothing but a can of worms
 
Wow, I can't believe someone else has the guts to say it.

I hope that, when it comes time for my wife to apply to big law firms, her being able to say "Hey, I've had a tubal ligation, no kids for me" will be a boon. The company won't need to worry about losing their employee for X many months.

On topic: The 1 job/10 years looks better on paper.

Which one wants to work FT?

I am sure the kids question gets asked right after religion.
 
In this case, they both get an interview and the one that interviews the best get's the job. No offense guys and I like working with attractive women as much as any guy, I'll take an ugly women who can out perform a bathing beauty any day of the week. No matter how hot she is, if I have to pick up 20% of her responsibilities, the looks will get old soon.

You are NOT permitted to ask questions about family life, religion or any other similar area of inquiry in an interview unless you want to spend some warm and cozy time with the EEOC and or your state's equivalent.
 
In this case, they both get an interview and the one that interviews the best get's the job. No offense guys and I like working with attractive women as much as any guy, I'll take an ugly women who can out perform a bathing beauty any day of the week. No matter how hot she is, if I have to pick up 20% of her responsibilities, the looks will get old soon.

You are NOT permitted to ask questions about family life, religion or any other similar area of inquiry in an interview unless you want to spend some warm and cozy time with the EEOC and or your state's equivalent.

know that. it was a joke! :idea:
 
I've known pharmacists who seemed like they could be mean to certain people and not get along with them, but I personally thought they were good preceptors. Once I got to know them, I guess I kinda figured out how to stay on their good side :laugh:

OP, how long did they hold their jobs within the 10 years?

I dunno about the case, but if you had someone who worked at one company for 10 years, and another who worked at 4 companies for approximately 2~3 years each, which one would you prefer to hire?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
both are women. both are moms. both could get pregnant again.
i dont know how the interviews go, but i do know that the more attractive one does seem to land more interviews. and she's the one who has had several jobs.
but to get an interview....they don't know what you look like yet in this age of online applications
 
both are women. both are moms. both could get pregnant again.
i dont know how the interviews go, but i do know that the more attractive one does seem to land more interviews. and she's the one who has had several jobs.
but to get an interview....they don't know what you look like yet in this age of online applications

have an interactive interview.....

I saw this while on rotations. Give them some Rxs and let them enter them and handle customers, insurance, etc.
 
have an interactive interview.....

I saw this while on rotations. Give them some Rxs and let them enter them and handle customers, insurance, etc.
It depends on the market, if it's stil demanding, them both can be hired. This goes to all field.
 
hire the one who can count faster.
or make them arm wrestle. or spit contest.
or who can balance the shot glass on head.
 
I need to buy a good camera. I don't know the first thing about cameras, but I was wanting to surprise my husband with one. So, what do you recommend?

oh boy.... i recommend canon T2i if you can find one...it has an awesome HD function.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
in the 50s, women actually do laundry, cook and bear children! Now, they do less of everything and complain too much X_X
 
i kid u not.. i had a dream i was in a plane crash. then spiriva donated a part of her hepatic tissues to me for a transplant.
 
**** cameras.

Sorry, didn't realize this was still 1950. Let me hit the sack and hopefully wake up during a time where women aren't just a pair of legs and a uterus!

If it was known that I would take an ELECTIVE medical procedure once every few years that would take me out of work for 3 months at a time, and my prospective employer knew this, they wouldn't hire me.

But if its a woman, oh no, they have the "right" to go through this elective medical procedure.

It's a crock of ****. Nobody is MAKING you have children. If a child magically appeared in a woman's womb involuntarily, this would be different. I could understand how a woman would require a 3 month leave. And I would have no problem with it.

But it isn't.

Some women elect to not have children. They put their career first. Some women put family first. Those that do not have children should be rewarded in their careers as such.

We've had this argument before. As an argument enthusiast, it's one of my favorites.
 
I hate when women think they have a right to have certain holidays off instead of others because the other women "don't have kids". Give me a break... As if having children gives you special rights.
 
I hate when women think they have a right to have certain holidays off instead of others because the other women "don't have kids". Give me a break... As if having children gives you special rights.

In this society, it almost does, Lea... sadly enough.

It should be stressed from a young age, that like driving, reproduction is a privilege.

At least it should be.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
shortage of pharmacists during the mid 2000's meant part time mom pharmacists had their way with schedule...coming in and out..dropping kids off...picking up kids...kids to the doctors...dentists etc. I had no choice but to accomodate fully knowing it was unfair to both male and female employees who didn't have to tend kids.

I suspect we will see less of this as there are more and more pharmacists desperate for jobs.
 
Hey mountain,

Come by.. I have crawfish.

Boiled a sack... all for me.

img6664t.jpg