Who would YOU pick to do your rhino?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PAJenn

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All... Im looking for a doctors opinion. I want to know who you would pick to do your rhino??? I have a friend who has been searching and searching for a good rhinoplasty doc and is having trouble deciding on one. She also happens to be an MD, looking for the right dr to do her daughters rhinoplasty. So far she has seen Dr. Thorne, Dr. Cutting and Dr. Constantinidis. She has an appt to see Dr. Davis in florida. She obviously wants the best of the best, someone with great, consistent results. I figured the best person to ask would be another plastic surgeon or doc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Preferably NY area but willing to travel for a great doc. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think there are any surgeons in NYC who are good at rhinoplasty. I'd go to the Dominican Republic or Nicaragua.

http://www.deantoriumi.com/

Dr. Toriumi is a nationally recognized and has a huge referral practice doing revision rhinos. He's an ENT trained facial plastic surgeon.

Best,

Members don't see this ad :)
Since I've rotated thru NYC, I've seen a few of the "big names" operate. The first person I think of for rhinoplasty is Dr. Nicolas Tabbal. He is (in my opinion) one of the best at this particular operation.

That being said, anyone who does a lot of rhinoplasties for a living will do a good job. And the converse is that, in the fellow clinic, I have seen bad results from Tabbal, Jelks, Matarasso, etc. No matter how good you are, or how well intentioned, bad things happen.

However, if I were to have my nose done, it would be Dr. Tabbal.

--Moravian

I would also suggest Dr. Dean Toriumi in Chicago. I have watched his videos on rhinoplasty and perform them live. He's a great surgeon.

I'm a fan of Mark Constantian & had the pleasure of doing a cadaver disection with him as preceptor at the recent Dallas Rhinoplasty Symposium.

He does exclusively endonasal (closed) approaches which is a little out of vogue, but makes a big difference for length of recovery. What impresses me most is his analysis, it just blows my mind and makes me realize how little I understand about rhinoplasty.

For what it's worth, I don't like some of the ways I've seen Dean Toriumi present his techniques for primary rhinoplasty as I leave with the impression he's making things harder then it needs to be. He uses too many complex grafts for my taste, which have a tendency to rear their head with problems years later as it warps. For major revision surgery, I'm very impressed with his creativity.

You probably couldn't go wrong with any of the named rhinoplasty surgeons here for a simple rhinoplasty in need of just a small amount of work. My personal bias would be Nicholas Tabbal in NY. He is personable, a perfectionist, and focuses his practice almost solely on rhinoplasties, especially those that are complex. He is the go-to guy for rhinos at MEETH.

I'm not sure if Jack Gunther was mentioned here on this thread, but I would add him to the list of prominent rhinosurgeons as well.